What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filter cleaning question  (Read 3374 times)

drprwnap

Filter cleaning question
« on: November 27, 2005, 03:21:39 pm »
Ok, how the hell long do you have to rinse the filters after using cleaner?  I rinsed them, sprayed cleaner, let 'em soak.
Then I rinsed them, filled up the stationary tub with cold water, let 'em soak and rinsed them again. Did not see any foam or soap during the last rinse.  Put them back in the tub, turnned on the jets and instant foam.  I must have used (at least)  30 gal of water during this process.  Am I donig something wrong?

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Hot Tub Forum

Filter cleaning question
« on: November 27, 2005, 03:21:39 pm »

J._McD

Re: Filter cleaning question
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 04:06:13 pm »
What kind of "spray on" filter cleaner are you using?  We at one time sold LT "spray on" filter cleaner and our customers experienced just that, lots of foam when the filters went back in the spa.

We use and recommend a dry granular filter cleaner that consists of TSP and dry citric acid to soak the filters in and then rinse thourghly.  Our customers seem to prefer it.

drprwnap

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 05:15:13 pm »
I am using Spa Essentials filter cleaner.  Got it from my dealer.  It's kind of a light purple color.  Is this TSP/acid cleaner sold as a brand name or is it a "home mix"??
Thanks!
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

J._McD

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 05:52:57 pm »
We get it from a local distributor in Michigan and it is labeled "Funshine TSP Filter Cleaner".  It is a dry granular mix that you add to 5 gallons of water to soak the filter.  

I think your sudsing is coming from the type of cleaner your using.  When you finish your current supply, try something different.

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 07:35:28 pm »
I have had the same problem especially with the HS Tri-X filters since the pleats are so deep.  That's why I use the dishwasher instead of filter cleaner.  Anyone have any secrets to rinsing?  I use the SpaGuard Filter Cleaner and De-greaser.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 11:27:50 am »
What I do is spray on the filter cleaner and wait 10 minutes or so...  I then hose them off using the high pressure nozzle on the garden hose.  After getting most off that way I hose them off with no nozzle on the hose so it's more water with lower pressure.  After that I fill up a 5 gallon buck that I've got and I 'dunk' the filter in it a few times.  Just drop it in slowly and then pull it out several times.  That seems to do the trick for me and I never have any foam afterwards...  I'm just using a filter cleaner that I got at Lowes.  Can't remember the name of it but it was just in their pool section.

Hope this helps...

Ken
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 03:42:08 pm »
My filter cleaner is a liquid made from "potash", mix 250ml with 20 liters of warm water, soak over night and rinse.  Back in the tub no fuss no muss.  It's a Beachcomber product, but I am sure it's generic as well.
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

dalop

• If its not the Boat Its the Tub!
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 03:56:07 pm »
I have a spare filter. When i take out the old one i rinse it off with the hose..... stick it in a bucket with filter cleaner for a day...... then take it out rinse it again...... let it dry and then put it away for next time.
 Works for me everytime. One chemical one time.  ;D

gobucks145

• Go BUCKS!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 07:52:29 pm »
I use the Spa Essentials purple spray also. I like the purple color because when you spray it on, you know that you've gotten the entire filter. Let it sit about 1/2 hour, spray it thoroughly, and it's clean. No foam!!! I rotate filters in between cleanings. Having that spare really helps!
Proud to be a BUCKEYE!!!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 11:52:53 pm »
Dalop has a great system. I'm guessing that this cleaner is not the best product for you. There's lots of good cleaners that don't cause that sort of foaming even though they will still need to be rinsed.

Filters should be cleaned overnight, rotated with a replacement, rinsed well and left to dry each month prior to going back in the spa.

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2005, 11:52:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42