What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: skimmer basket vs bromin dispensor  (Read 2103 times)

keating

• Arctic Avalanche Ultra DELIVERED
skimmer basket vs bromin dispensor
« on: November 29, 2005, 10:56:51 am »
I see people mention several brands of spa that have a bromine dispensor near the filter that they load with tabs, and let er rip.....

What difference would there be between this and just tossing a few tab in the skimmer basket?

The Arctic tubs have a setup where the filter goes down into the filter well, then a skimmer basket goes on top of the filter, then the telescopic doo-hickey screws down on top of that.

if one were to just throw a couple of brom tabs in to the telescopic dealie, they'd just sit there in the skimmer basket and dissolve into the water......possibly circulating better than if they were in a floater, pinned in the corner of the tub by the current.

I suppose when you turn the jets on high, you'd be blowing super brominated water out of the jets directly against your skin, but would this be different than the tubs that have the brom dispensor? or is that thing inline with a 24hr circ pump, and not with the jets or something?

Hot Tub Forum

skimmer basket vs bromin dispensor
« on: November 29, 2005, 10:56:51 am »

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
Re: skimmer basket vs bromin dispensor
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 11:42:11 am »
I have a jacuzzi 355 with that system, and one difference from what you're talking about would be the fact that you can limit the amount of water pushing through the bromine dispenser.

Mark

keating

• Arctic Avalanche Ultra DELIVERED
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 01:44:04 pm »
I have a jacuzzi 355 with that system, and one difference from what you're talking about would be the fact that you can limit the amount of water pushing through the bromine dispenser.

Mark

Excellent....that makes perfect sense.

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 03:25:40 pm »
Hey keating...I'm always looking for ways to make my spa care taking easier too.  However, I've switched back to good old dichlor and so far, so good.

I did use the Jacuzzi inline dispenser system, but I found the bromine was WAY too high or so low that I started getting green water.  

I get instant results with dichlor, but the next day, there's no smell when I want to use it.  
my 2 cents anyway....

Mark
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 03:26:05 pm by golferm »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 03:25:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42