What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Removable Wind Breaker Fence  (Read 6229 times)

Anoroc

Removable Wind Breaker Fence
« on: November 28, 2005, 11:49:53 am »
Has anyone heard of a place a guy can buy a removable wind breaker fence.  I was thinking of something in vinyl about 4x4 that I can insert into some buried post holders so that I can set it up in the winter to help create a wind barrier but than remove in the spring.

Haven't been able to find anything on Google.

Hot Tub Forum

Removable Wind Breaker Fence
« on: November 28, 2005, 11:49:53 am »

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
Re: Removable Wind Breaker Fence
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 12:03:25 pm »
I built some removable glass walls.  You can see these by searching my previous posts if you wish.  I was going to use windscreen material that is used around tennis courts which comes in various heights (5' and 6' if I recall) and has built-in grommets to fasten it with heavy tie-straps or lag bolts or whatever suits your needs.  Fairly inexpensive...google "tennis windscreens" and you'll find lots.  Hope this helps you out.

Steve

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 12:06:38 pm »
Sounds like you just need to buy one section of fencing from the local hardware store and, as you say, insert the end posts into a buried post holders. (This is how my freind removes a section of fence from thier horse farm).  Remove in the spring, but put something (potted plants?) over the post holders so no one hurts themsevles and trips.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 12:07:10 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Anoroc

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 12:10:17 pm »
I guess I didn't  know there is a post holder for vinyl fences.  I have never put up a fence before so I have no idea how it is done.

I will visit home depot and see if there is s post holder that I can burry in ground.

Thanks for feedback.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 12:25:36 pm »
I guess I didn't  know there is a post holder for vinyl fences.  I have never put up a fence before so I have no idea how it is done.

I will visit home depot and see if there is s post holder that I can burry in ground.

Thanks for feedback.

I'm not an expert either, but my friends fence posts slip into a hole in the ground which appears to be a plastic sleeve.  

It's my understanding this is done all the time to allow for a fence section to be easliy removed to allow a truck or other access into a fenced in area, but where a gate isn't needed.

I would think any fenceing company could point you in the right direction, and maybe even Lowes or Home depot.

The only draw back is, you will have 2 holes in your ground when you removed the fence section.
07 Caldera Geneva

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 12:45:12 pm »
And thinking more about it,  another DIY soultion would be

take 2 buckets, or even nice planters, fill with wet cement, insert  a 4 x 4  into each bucket. Once the cement sets up you'll have to movable (although a bit heavy, but with a wagon or dolly, or even carefully "rolling them" you could move these in and out of the location)  fence posts. Simply bolt on a section of fence between these posts.

In the spring, unbolt the fence panel, and move the posts  away.

;D

You'll have to pay attention to how deep and heavy  the  cement filled buckets are to be, so they don't blow over when the wind gets up onto the fence.

:o
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 12:49:14 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 05:25:20 pm »
Well, if someone is breaking wind to that extent, I'd suggest a radical dietary change over 4x4 sheets of vinyl........just a thought.......gives new meanng to "pins your ears back".......;D
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 05:25:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42