What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Optima  (Read 2942 times)

lyonHTBuyin

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Sundance Optima
« on: November 13, 2005, 01:07:57 pm »
I have been looking for a Hot Tub for a few months now and really like the Sundance Optima. Does anyone have any feed back on this Hot Tub?

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Optima
« on: November 13, 2005, 01:07:57 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Sundance Optima
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 01:31:23 pm »
I've talked with many happy owners.  The Sundance dealer here in my town is very respected and been around awhile.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

lyonHTBuyin

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 01:44:20 pm »
We have a really good delaer here in Seattle as well. It is very hard to know if you are getting a good price or not. Any suggestions. Is it like car buying that you can negotiate pricing?

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 02:05:32 pm »
We have owned one since last June, what do you what to know?

lyonHTBuyin

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 02:09:10 pm »
Any regrets or options that you would have like to have added?

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 02:34:29 pm »

Well, this is our first tub, not an expert, but I am very satisfied with our purchase. Here's a couple links to some of my comments:

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1121402830;start=3

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1118852167;start=11

Also, if you want to waste your day away, you can search my moniker and read all my rants. ;D

Have to say IMHO, the Bromine/CD ozonator/ disposable filter is THE way to go when considering maintenance options. I don't see how it could be any easier.

As for regrets, not too many. Because we installed this tub in a small remodeled screen patio, we opted for no cover lifter, for aesthetic reasons. I've gotten pretty good balancing the cover on my leg when throwing it back on, but can foresee someday having a cover lifter installed.

We didn't have the manufacturer-supplied stereo installed, use an external system instead. Because of the volume level I have to set the music over the sound of the pumps, I could see how the "near-field" effect (speakers right next to the seats) of the Sundance system could work better.

PackerPaul

• Go Packers
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 03:50:25 pm »
FWIW...The Optima was on our short list for final consideration. We had a quote of $8800 W/stereo. We went with a Caldera Niagara in the end, not because of any shortcomings with the Optima, but because of a more comfortable feeling with the dealer.

J._McD

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 08:22:35 pm »
FWIW...The Optima was on our short list for final consideration. We had a quote of $8800 W/stereo. We went with a Caldera Niagara in the end, not because of any shortcomings with the Optima, but because of a more comfortable feeling with the dealer.

That is quickly becoming the leading decision maker once one has narrowed it down to the 10 or 15 most commonly referred to Hot Tub choices.

The Dealer is your first line of defense for any issues for whatever you buy whether it is mechanical or water chemistry.  And, generally speaking, ALL the Hot Tubs that make hot water are good.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 08:27:03 pm »
We have the Optima, a 2003 model.  The current ones have a somewhat different configuration- waterfall added, etc...
We have been happy with the spa.
We haven't needed service, so the dealer thing is yet to be determied.  So far I have no reason to question it.

Brewman

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2005, 11:13:08 pm »
We have a 2004 Optima and love it.  Had it over a year now and had no problems.  
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Debra

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 08:22:25 am »
We've had the Optima since September.  Other than having problems balancing our water, everything is great!  Our well water gave us problems at first, then my sons volleyball team messed it up at his party.  We have the ozonator and sunpurity.  I like that you don't have the chlorine smell and feel on you when you go in the tub.  By sanitizing when you get out of the tub the chlorine smell is gone by the time you go in again.  We have 5 kids and have had no trouble with the space.  There is a place for everyone.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 03:33:57 pm »
Almost three and a half years for me.  Highly recommend.

rottweiler

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 09:40:51 pm »
The optima is a great tub!  When we bought our second Sundance my husband and I argued between the optima and the altamar.  He won and we have the altamar.  Although, my favorite wet test was the optima.  I love the seat with all the jets and the openess is perfect for a family.   We are a family of Sundance tubs so I do have the luck of getting to sit in one sometimes when I visit the relatives.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 09:40:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42