What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Update on my dealer  (Read 2678 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Update on my dealer
« on: November 24, 2005, 11:58:39 am »
THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH
Ohio Attorney General Jim Petro has sued the operators of a now-closed Hilliard hot-tub retailer.

Petro's suit against Christian J. Kuehl and Michael J. Gentry says their business, the Hot Tub Store, violated the state's Consumer Sales Practices Act by accepting money for products that were never delivered.

The store, formerly located at 3670 Parkway Lane, Suite A, closed in July.

The business "continued to accept deposits from consumers after failing to honor previous orders, which is an unconscionable act under the (law)," Petro said in a news release.

His office received more than 20 complaints from people who paid the Hot Tub Store "for products they never received," Petro said.

Neither Kuehl nor Gentry could be reached yesterday.

According to the store's Web site yesterday, its management, several customers and other dealers are "seeking legal action against Dynasty Spas for reasons too complicated to post on this site."

Dynasty was the store's distributor.

A July 10 letter posted on the Web site said Dynasty stopped filling orders when the store had difficulty renewing its credit line.

Petro's suit, filed in Franklin County Common Pleas Court, seeks full refunds for customers and civil penalties of $25,000 per violation to be assessed against Kuehl and Gentry.

Consumers can file a complaint with Petro's office at www.ag.state.oh.us or by calling 1-800-282-0515 and asking for a claim form.

kstammen@dispatch.com

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Update on my dealer
« on: November 24, 2005, 11:58:39 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Update on my dealer
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 01:58:42 pm »
I always feel sorry for the unfortunate few who are the last ones to give a deposit. That has to be such a sinking feeling.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 12:24:01 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Kelly

• Hot Springs Accolade!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 08:06:11 am »
"seeks full refunds for customers and civil penalties of $25,000 per violation to be assessed against Kuehl and Gentry"

yup, that's gonna happen...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 11:02:27 am »
Seeking and ordering refunds is one thing, getting money when there isn't any is quite another.

This dealer is suing Dynasty because they couldn't get credit?  
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 11:02:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42