What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cloudy Green Water  (Read 11552 times)

nyspa17

Cloudy Green Water
« on: November 24, 2005, 10:09:11 am »
I have cloudy, light green water. I check it with test strips twice and everything is normal. I use Bromine. I cleaned the filters yesterday and added some water clarifier and 1 tbl of shock. I check it this morning and it is sitll cloudy and green.
Any suggestions on how to clear this up.
Thanks all !

Hot Tub Forum

Cloudy Green Water
« on: November 24, 2005, 10:09:11 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Cloudy Green Water
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 11:31:32 am »
1tsp of shock sounds ok, depending on tub size for normal operations.  Try a big dose, maybe triple what you usually put in and give it 24 hours.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

keating

• Arctic Avalanche Ultra DELIVERED
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 11:59:45 am »
Hehe.

Yep....my water turned cloudy too.
had a soak on Monday night and forgot to put the bromine floater back into the tub after.

Tuesday night was a windstorm, and below freezing temps....didn't soak....woke up Wednesday morning to see cover had blown off, and water level was down about 3 inches......SWMBO closed to cover......went to soak last night.....water was cloudy, and brom level was 0....hmmm.....where's the floater? oops.

added a pinch of brom concentrate, and jumped in anyway........after getting out, went to top up tuib and discovered the hose was frozen......pulling it off the reel, it cracked in about 10 places, but just the outer sheathe, so it still heald water......BUT water was frozen inside.......so the whole hose goes in the tub, close cover for 5 minutes.......pulled the softened hose out, topped up the water, threw in the floater and 2 oz of brom concentrate....turned all pumps/jets and blower on for 30 minutes, then turned them off, closed cover, and hoping for the best tonight.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 01:06:56 pm »
Water sometimes will take on a green or yellow tint when you add br/cl after a period of time when the water was unsanitized and stuff was growing in your water.

Usually when these conditions exist, the cl/br powder will actually turn yellow as it hits the water.

It can take 6 hours to 3-5 days to clear up, depending on how long the water was unsanitized and stuff was growing in your water.

It is not likely to be algae, as that stuff, like anything else with chlorphyl in it needs light.

The cloudiness would be can likely be cleared with a good shock as Bill suggested, but it may take a few days for the green/yellow tint to go away. Dont worry about the colour, it won't hurt you.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 01:06:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42