What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cloudy Water  (Read 5019 times)

cappykat

Re: Cloudy Water
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2005, 12:05:58 pm »
When I checked the water on Wed after our soak on Tuesday the water was a little cloudy.  I was talking to my dealer about the soundsations and told him about the cloudy water...he told me to add the clarifier.

I am using a bromine spa frog cartridge for sanitizer.  Usually it is only me and my husband but ocassionally it is 3 people.  I have only added shock on a weekly basis and I've only added it once since I did the refill.  I added 2 oz. on Wed.  

Phil, I'm going to follow your advice and increase the bromine and see what happens.
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2005, 12:05:58 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2005, 06:30:33 pm »
I do not think you are using enough shock....It should be between 3 to 4 oz once a week....In returning from Aqua I asked the frog folks and the teacher of a hot water class about adding di chlor to the bromine system like the frog they both were in a agreement that it is a good thing and one that works well. Also just to note the teacher of the class was more of a fan of bromine for spa use, he just felt it was safer. but in no way thought di chlor was not effective ... just the bromine had some advantages for the average spa owner.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2005, 12:18:42 pm »
The instructions my dealer gives for bromine users is to add dichlor if water is cloudy or after heavy bather use.  Weekly shock with MPS.

Also at new fill...establish bromine reserve with sodium bromide, add 1.5 oz dichlor and bromine tabs to floater.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2005, 12:18:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42