What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Now I get it!!!!!!!  (Read 3538 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Now I get it!!!!!!!
« on: November 17, 2005, 11:51:00 pm »
ok, so I started my research in February 2004.  I fell in love with the arctic spa tundra, however, I went through all the local brands, and wet tested and educated myself.

Then in February of 2005, my beautiful wife was transported against her will to the local arctic store.  She agreed to go and look and I dont know what happened but for the first time ever she let me buy something.

So we ordered it and had to wait until my concrete work was completed around the house.  I worked 500 hours of overtime from February to June.  I almost killed myself working that much, especially when it is usually night shifts.

The cement work cost me over 10,000 canadian.  I purchased patio set, outdoor speakers, solar lighting, lugged over 12 yards of dirt in one busted up wheel barrel into the backyard and planted a crap load of plants and stuff.

I had to get the electrical completed, and then decided to put outdoor lighting system and a mexican fire place to enjoy.

My tub was built in Alberta Canada and transported via train to Ontario Canada where the train derailed and delayed my tub.  

Then my tub came in the middle of July, I set it up with the tub, cover, floor, lifter, bar and stools, planters with cedars in them and started it up.

We were in the craziest heat wave ever this summer, so I kept the tub at 98 and enjoyed it, minus the bugs.

So what am i getting at you ask.

After all of this, tonight it was -5 degrees out and snowing well.  I opened the tub and it was 105.  I was so cold and then

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This was the moment folks, that I have been waiting for.  After all of this time work and money, I can finally reep the benefits of all of my hard work.  And the best part of it all is that in 12 minutes, my tub and outdoor project will be completely paid off. A 30,000 dollar outdoor adventure comes to an end of worry and stress and now just enjoy.

No more debt!!!!!!!!!!!

I said it before and I will say it again, I WILL NEVER DRINK AGAIN AS LONG AS I LIVE, but if I did, tonight would have been my night to light it up.

Friends this is truly SPATOPIA

Hot Tub Forum

Now I get it!!!!!!!
« on: November 17, 2005, 11:51:00 pm »

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
Re: Now I get it!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 08:10:16 am »
bosco0633,
I'm looking forward to the snow and lower temps myself. It was only 37 F for me last night but even that was wonderful.
A few nights ago it rained while we were out there and that was great, too.
Way to go!

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 08:42:51 am »
Congrats! Nothing beats a hot, steaming outdoor hot tub on a cold night.  Nights are starting to get cold here in New England and it is pure heaven.
 ;D
07 Caldera Geneva

hamrhed

• "Hard Tellin" "Not Knowin"
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 08:55:25 am »
Ditto on the cold New England nights... There great...

Anyone get out in the heavy rain on Wed???? It was the only night i missed since i got the tub...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 08:59:09 am »
15F and the family had a great soak last night at 104, thanks to the help here I'm limping along with a bad pressure switch for a few days.

Thanks for sharing the story.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

keating

• Arctic Avalanche Ultra DELIVERED
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 09:47:27 am »
2 nights ago, it was hovering around freezing here in Ottawa.......driving home the sky was cloudy.....
got home had some supper, and headed outside and the clouds had blown off.....clear skies.
Laying back in the tub, staring up at the brightest moon I've ever seen....was wonderful.

<removed part about freezing rain ruining my soak last night...focus on the positive....>

bos, what do you think of the cover lifter that came with your tub. ??

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 01:00:32 pm »
i have not had any problems as of yet.  It is pretty good though, I enjoy it.

It creaks and cracks when I life the cover though, not sure if that is good or not.

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 01:26:43 pm »
Mine came with the Covermate I and I've had no problems with it.

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 03:49:22 pm »
I was in Ottawa over the weekend - it did get a bit nippy at night.  Had a good time though. Only had the spa at the hotel.  For some reason it is not quite the same.

r100rs

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 08:33:49 pm »
I guess I gota move outa Northern Minnesota......i'm tired of the cold allready and want a sunny warm sandy beach. But you are correct, standing there dissrobing in the cold and then stepping in when it is 10-15 degrees out is what it is all about.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 08:33:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42