What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is Hot Springs The Best?  (Read 3980 times)

blairbrady

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Is Hot Springs The Best?
« on: October 26, 2005, 08:17:28 pm »
We are comparing hot tubs for our new home in the mountains of Colorado (9000 ft) and are looking for opinions outside of local dealers. The ones we are considering include Hot Springs Vanguard, Sundance and D1. Any accolades, cautions or complaints on these? Thank You!

Hot Tub Forum

Is Hot Springs The Best?
« on: October 26, 2005, 08:17:28 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Is Hot Springs The Best?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 08:47:26 pm »
Those are all very good spa makers and within each brand you may find the one that fits you best. I think most would agree that you are looking at very comparable makers, there are a couple of others you might want to consider but you will not being making a bad choice with one of those.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 08:47:57 pm by Mendocino101 »

cappykat

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 08:56:38 pm »
Yes, HotSprings, Sundance, and D1 are good choices but certainly not the only "best" ones out there.  Marquis IMO ranks in the top 10 and is a Pool & Spa Magazine best choice.  I'm sure the ones you've mentioned are ranked high by consumer mags also.

All I'm saying is there are "other" top brands that get high marks also.  Of course, if one of those you've mentioned is what fits you best, then that's what's best for you.  Wet test, wet test.

Good luck.  You can't go wrong with any of those.
2005 Marquis Epic

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 09:27:47 pm »
The answer to your question is NO!!

There is no "best" spa but there is a best spa for YOU!!!!!

waggie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 08:48:21 am »
Vinny is right.  All tubs are different, and you've really got to wet test to see what works for you.  In all our wet testing, we found some great tubs but in the end it had to come down to the one that worked for both my husband and me - the one that felt right for us both.  

We've had our HS Grandee since last Saturday, and we are quite pleased with our purchase!  

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 12:23:27 pm »
Blair,

I had to ask the same question 20 years ago - but there was quite a bit more on the line for my family and I. We were deciding who's product we were going to link our business to. As a sole proprietor, we always have everything we own on the line, and we wanted to rep a tub which we could believe in, and for us, it turned out to be HotSpring.

Years later Tiger River was added, and Solana. In the intervening years we have had other brands on the floor alongside - some major names and some off-brands. We have done warranty work for the biggies: Sundance and D1 included, we were literally there when Softub was born, and we were just asked to do warranty work for Beachcomber.

Why am I saying all of this? Because it is difficult to sit here and type that HotSpring is 'the best' and not get some folks who like other products upset. But I don't think many would try to argue the simple fact that I can offer my opinion in this manner:

For us HotSpring has been and continues to be the best. Our customers - numbering in the thousands - continue to love their tubs and send or even bring in friends and relatives. If you stick with your choice of HotSpring, you will love it, and if there are problems, you will be taken care of. And I would go out on a limb to say that you may even come back to the boards and brag on it a bit.

The company has always met or exceeded my expectations, supported us and helped us to help customers, been honorable to an amazing level, and poured money into my business in the form of national advertising, lead generation and other support such as training my technicians managers and so forth.

Doesn't that raise the price a bit? Yes. But in my thinking it adds value because no matter what you pay for a tub, you want to be able to count on the dealer and the manufacturer, and for 20 years now that has been the case for us with HotSpring. HotSpring is 29 years old, and I have met dealers who have been there from the beginning.

I am not in any way saying that other dealers haven't had the same type of experience with other brands - I am simply relating our experiences - HotSpring makes a fine product, it has wonderful features which end up being just what most people want. The things they don't put on their tubs are the very things which people commonly stop using shortly after their tubs show up anyway. They listen to their dealers, and their customers, and they tend to be a leader in the industry.

Sorry I'm a bit wordy today, but as you can imagine this would be a firestorm if I simply tried to say any brand is 'the best.'
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 12:32:01 pm »
No...Hydropool is.

;D

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 12:39:27 pm »
Are some hot tubs better than others? Yup.

The majority of the tubs discussed here though are of a high quality.

So the question should be "What makes a good hot tub" and what features are right for me. and then  you'll find "the best hot tub".

Easier said than done. ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 12:46:28 pm »
Brand is important and so is dealer integrity. I'm told Colorado has some less than reputable dealers.  ;D  I'm not referring to Spaman or Stuart by the way. Its just something I heard.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 01:49:25 pm »
I think the question is like asking if Mercedes is the best car.

I think the answer depends a lot on what features you are looking for and what price you are willing to pay.

Hotspring certainly has some nice hottubs that I hear last a long time.  I'll probably never really know though as I'm hoping my jacuzzi sticks around for a while.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 01:55:33 pm »
IHT is in CO - I have heard nothing but good about them. I sure see them accepting enough awards at the annual dealer meeting: they must be doing lots of things right.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 02:05:16 pm »
See Chas...no firestorm at all buddy! ;D

Steve

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 03:07:08 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 03:19:41 pm »
I heard that spas from Coloroda with DAIT insulation are the best.  ;D

Especially their super custom models.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2005, 03:24:53 pm »
I am not comfortable with your question.  Is any product The Best in every way, and for every user, and for every requirement?  I don't think so.  Chas has made some valid points for why he likes HotSpring.  That is fine.  

You need to wet test the spas you are considering to find the one that is The Best for you.  The fact that Chas likes being a dealer for the line is all well and good, but it has absolutely nothing to do with how well the HS seats fit you and yours, or how the jets feel on your body, and so on.  

Your short list is a good place to start.  Go try them out and see if you can't pick one that works best for you.  If not come back here and we'll provide you with some more excellent options.

Regards,

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2005, 03:24:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42