What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dealers, what is your chemical routine?  (Read 3027 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Dealers, what is your chemical routine?
« on: October 23, 2005, 11:56:50 am »
I would like to hear from the dealers, sales reps, spa technicians, sales people, and all other professionals  involved in the spa industry.  

What is your detailed weekly chemical routine to keep your water at home clean and clear?  If you don't have a spa at home today include your preferred method.  I think the rest of us can learn something here.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

Dealers, what is your chemical routine?
« on: October 23, 2005, 11:56:50 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Dealers, what is your chemical routine?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 12:32:37 pm »
I think its, "Boy, I don't pay to you be sitting around the internet, go fix my tub!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 02:51:57 pm »
After spa is filled I balance ph/alk., calcium hardness, dichlor. After each use I will add approx. 1/3 oz of dichlor. Shock with a non chlorine oxidizer once per week. Test water weekly adjust chem. levels as needed.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 05:26:48 pm »
If I'm using Dichlor, here's my routine:

At startup, I balance the pH and TA. In my case, I almost always have to bring it down significantly, so I end up putting in about 6 ounces of 'Spa Down.' Three ounces at a time, test again after no less than three hours.

Once the pH and TA are balanced, and the spa is warm, I add two ounces of chlorine. This is an initial shock. I don't always do this: if I just did a water change and the old water was still OK, then I just put in a couple of teaspoons.

I use Dichlor, btw, because it's cheap, easy and works great.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

TattedVenus

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 08:19:15 pm »
I go for Bromine in a floater, shock once a week or more depending on the crowd with Enhanced Shock or a dichlor. I also use NSPI standards for balance, 80-120 TA, 200-400 CH and 7.4-7.6 pH. If you keep the TA lower the pH doesn't tend to get as high. I have soft water, so I am not as religious on Stain & Scale control as I should be, but try to add it once every week or 2. Also, a softening product like Spa Silken is a must for me! These cold Michigan winters dry out my skin enough, I don't need my tub doing the same. Soak the filters every 6 weeks or so and I am good to go. Check the floater once a week & test my water once a week at the lab. I'm lucky we have great water!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 05:20:01 pm »
Thanks Chas,

OK, two ounces of chrlorine for an initial shock.  How many teaspoons or Tablespoons does that equal?  I don't have a scale.

If I'm using Dichlor, here's my routine:

At startup, I balance the pH and TA. In my case, I almost always have to bring it down significantly, so I end up putting in about 6 ounces of 'Spa Down.' Three ounces at a time, test again after no less than three hours.

Once the pH and TA are balanced, and the spa is warm, I add two ounces of chlorine. This is an initial shock. I don't always do this: if I just did a water change and the old water was still OK, then I just put in a couple of teaspoons.

I use Dichlor, btw, because it's cheap, easy and works great.

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 07:24:47 pm »
Four tablespoons equals two ounces.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 07:24:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42