What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Good price for Spa wiring  (Read 2631 times)

harry_the_jet

• n8kid fun
Good price for Spa wiring
« on: October 12, 2005, 09:45:11 pm »
electrician quoted me aroun $700-800 to run the 220 / 60 Amp service from the main panel to my deck.  Distance is about 60 feet..give or take a few.  He is also running so wiring for lighting on this deck.  Is this high, low, average...or am I getting the royal treatment here.

btw...poured my own slab and 65 bags later...voila 9x9 pad with 48" footers...smooth as a baby bottom.  cost was around $200 and beer for my helpers...no Shiner Bock in upstate NY...but they didn'care.

thanks...J385 is on its way...good tubbin' to follow.

Hot Tub Forum

Good price for Spa wiring
« on: October 12, 2005, 09:45:11 pm »

pruned_hands

• Hot Springs Grandee Lover
Re: Good price for Spa wiring
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 10:11:27 pm »
I think the quote is close to one I just got in Mighigan.  Mine was $800 but required them to fish wire through a finished basement and out to deck...probably 100+ of wire.  Your quote seems in line with mine (and I wondered if I was getting screwed)

waiting for my HS grandee...

soon to be "pruned hands"

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 01:04:35 am »
Seems like a good price, I paid $850 for a 120 foot run.  It included the GFCI breaker box and hooking up the SPA.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 08:25:28 am »
Around here, I'd expect to pay something like that.
Minneapolis area.
Brewman

Froggy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 08:45:21 am »
I just paid $350  here in Southern California for a 30ft run, my guy used flex cable instead of bending conduit and pulling wire, maybe thats how he kept the cost down a bit ????.

Looking at the installation I wish now that I had done it myself, it's not that difficult to do after watching him install mine, Like most though I'm a little apprehensive when it comes to stuff that bites.....lol

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 08:57:27 am »
I'm in a rural area outside of Kansas City, MO.  Paid $325 to the electrician but I bought the 60 amp GFCI box myself for $79 at Lowes.

harry_the_jet

• n8kid fun
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 09:22:01 am »
i really appreciate the feedback.  i feel better about (somewhat), that my experience is for the most part in line with others.  now there is nothing to do but wait for the cement to cure, hookup, fill, add chemicals...and CHILL with 15 year old Single Malt Scotch...good livin'

thanks...harry

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 09:48:50 am »

..and CHILL with 15 year old Single Malt Scotch...good livin'

thanks...harry

YOU go ahead and chill, but don't you dare chill that scotch!! ;)

Brewman

clayfiregrrl

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 10:09:54 am »
Our electrician (in Michigan) quoted about $550, which I thought was a lot, but she's a great electrician and we trust her to do a good job.  We wouldn't use anyone else, even though it meant not getting the wiring done for two weeks after the tub was delivered!  Also, her prices are usually more reasonable than other electricians in the area, so I'm guessing if we'd gotten other quotes, they would have been even higher...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 11:42:44 am »
The only way to know for sure about the going rate for this type of work is to get several competing bids.
Not that that's easy.  Sometimes, depending on how busy the trades are, it's hard to get people to even show up, and those that do will often bid high if they have plenty of larger, more profitable work available.  

Supply and demand.
Brewman

rustedduck

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 04:51:29 pm »
Price doesnt sound unreasonable.  I did my own 60 foot
run, and it cost about $300 in parts and a lot of back aches from digging the trenchs

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 04:51:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42