What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: bullfrog spa  (Read 8544 times)

chaunceyboyblu

• im daddy
bullfrog spa
« on: October 14, 2005, 06:01:53 pm »
i just talked to the man that is selling the jacuzzi used and he mentioned a brand that he sells called a bullfrog. i looked at the website and it looks really neat. is this a good brand?
robert

Hot Tub Forum

bullfrog spa
« on: October 14, 2005, 06:01:53 pm »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: bullfrog spa
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 06:17:27 pm »
They got the first 4 letters of their name right anyway.

i just talked to the man that is selling the jacuzzi used and he mentioned a brand that he sells called a bullfrog. i looked at the website and it looks really neat. is this a good brand?
robert

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 12:30:52 am »
robert

Bullfrog is actually a pretty good and well respected name. Kinda surprised that Wisoski responded that way. Maybe he's starting to loose sales to this brand.  I actually spoke directly with the Mfg when I was considering getting into the business. They do have a nice and unique product that has a significantly different approach to the business.  In many ways, they are a good idea but they can also be just as pricey as the larger mfgs. If you do like what you see, BF has been around for a while and they are a respected company with a good product. Do a search on the name and you will find that most who have one like it.  In the end I did not open a spa business because my VoIP business is simply too busy and at the time I couldnot afford to risk one business to start another. In the end I was trying to decide between Bullfrog or Beachcomber.  The number of dealers representing these two is significantly fewer than the other large players so they were good considerations as new businesses.  I own a jacuzzi J370but feel that the Bullforg was a comparable unit. Obviously, Wis disagrees with this but...
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 12:52:14 am »
If you look at them, ask the dealer to move the jet packs around (preferably in a wet spa) and verify which packs fit which seating positions.  Also verify the seating positions are of different depths.  Those are issues about which I remember reading that could affect comfort or flexibility.  The advantage they pitch are the interchangeable jet packs, but not all fit every seat if I remember correctly which could limit the flexibility.  I can't comment on quality or price.  I looked at their website and elected not to pursue a wet test.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 12:55:13 am by rexspent »

tootsie

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 01:18:53 am »
This sounds like the typical bait and switch??????????

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 11:34:33 am »
First off, it's called a joke, you know HUMOR. Second, the Bullfrog dealer here is a pool installer and only moves about 30 units a year, yep, got me shivrin in me boots. Bayond that, I've seen em at several pool and spa expos, and other than their jet pack concept there is nothing remarkable about them. I could poke a bunch of holes in their presentation, but...

Bullfrog is actually a pretty good and well respected name. Kinda surprised that Wisoski responded that way. Maybe he's starting to loose sales to this brand.  I actually spoke directly with the Mfg when I was considering getting into the business. They do have a nice and unique product that has a significantly different approach to the business.  In many ways, they are a good idea but they can also be just as pricey as the larger mfgs. If you do like what you see, BF has been around for a while and they are a respected company with a good product. Do a search on the name and you will find that most who have one like it.  In the end I did not open a spa business because my VoIP business is simply too busy and at the time I couldnot afford to risk one business to start another. In the end I was trying to decide between Bullfrog or Beachcomber.  The number of dealers representing these two is significantly fewer than the other large players so they were good considerations as new businesses.  I own a jacuzzi J370but feel that the Bullforg was a comparable unit. Obviously, Wis disagrees with this but...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 02:00:36 pm »
not looking to put a bad word in here. However I was speaking to a tech this week about them as he was with a dealer who had the line and he said he was very unimpressed by them. He felt there was more gimmicks than real substance .

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 02:34:48 pm »
not looking to put a bad word in here. However I was speaking to a tech this week about them as he was with a dealer who had the line and he said he was very unimpressed by them. He felt there was more gimmicks than real substance .

Yep, I've been told the same thing by people that own them.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

salesdvl

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2005, 03:04:35 pm »
They got the first 4 letters of their name right anyway.

I like that !
Measure once, cut twice.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2005, 01:21:08 pm »
What happens when they discontinue an acrylic color? Don't say it doesnt happen, it happens every year. So if you decide to get a new jet pack, and your acrylic color has been discontinued, I suppose having one seat of a different color is no big deal. Lets see, what goes good with sapphire marble.....

We live in Central IL and have had a Bullfrog 451 for over a year.  It is in a 10’X25’ sunroom that was built on a patio. We have five dealers within  a twenty five mile radius of us.  One of the dealers (The Great Escape) has four different top brands.  As well as four other dealers of different brands.  We chose the Bullfrog after looking a many other top brands. The dealer we bought it from has been in the Spa and Pool business for over 40 years and has a very good reputation. (San Juan Pool & Spas in Bloomington and Pekin both in IL) I can’t say enough about this dealer.  We liked all the features on the Bullfrog.  With the ability to upgrade the jet packs and etc. Don’t worry about the jets being to strong just turn the ring around the jet to turn it up or down to suit your self.  Also the way it is plumped made sense to us because we were placing it indoors.  It is perfected for us. But with different body types you need to wet test before buying any Spa. The jet pack has a hose that puts out a stream of water behind the jetpacks so it gets filter along with the rest of the water.  I took off the jetpacks to clean them after six months and there was nothing on the hoses behind them it was clean. ALL jetpacks fit all seats. There is alot of miss information about the Bullfog Spa.  I have not heard anyone that really has one that does not like it or even had something bad to say about then.  (I visit five different boards a day. Use different search engines and see what you come up with your self.)Go to their web site and check out the warranty.  http://www.bullfrogspas.com/2005/index.html

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2005, 06:47:43 pm »
What happens when they discontinue an acrylic color? Don't say it doesnt happen, it happens every year. So if you decide to get a new jet pack, and your acrylic color has been discontinued, I suppose having one seat of a different color is no big deal. Lets see, what goes good with sapphire marble.....

They'll stick with what they have. I doubt many people will be paying for new jetpaks. It's a unique idea but I can't see people spending hundreds of dollars down the line for new jetpaks so to me this is just pure marketing.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Gair

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2005, 09:09:28 pm »
We live in Central IL and have had a Bullfrog 451 for over a year.  It is in a 10’X25’ sunroom that was built on a patio. We have five dealers within  a twenty five mile radius of us.  One of the dealers (The Great Escape) has four different top brands.  As well as four other dealers of different brands.  We chose the Bullfrog after looking a many other top brands. The dealer we bought it from has been in the Spa and Pool business for over 40 years and has a very good reputation. (San Juan Pool & Spas in Bloomington and Pekin both in IL) I can’t say enough about this dealer.  We liked all the features on the Bullfrog.  With the ability to upgrade the jet packs and etc. Don’t worry about the jets being to strong just turn the ring around the jet to turn it up or down to suit your self.  Also the way it is plumped made sense to us because we were placing it indoors.  It is perfected for us. But with different body types you need to wet test before buying any Spa. The jet pack has a hose that puts out a stream of water behind the jetpacks so it gets filter along with the rest of the water.  I took off the jetpacks to clean them after six months and there was nothing on the hoses behind them it was clean. ALL jetpacks fit all seats. There is alot of miss information about the Bullfog Spa.  I have not heard anyone that really has one that does not like it or even had something bad to say about then.  (I visit five different boards a day. Use different search engines and see what you come up with your self.)Go to their web site and check out the warranty.  http://www.bullfrogspas.com/2005/index.html

Gair

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2005, 09:59:08 pm »
I guess waterfalls and moto massage and fountains, lights in the jets, leds all around the spa, TVs and radio with pop up speakers are not just pure marketing.  But they do provide alot more things to go wrong The Jets packs are plumb in the spa if you have a problem you don"t have to dig the foam out or drain the spa. It also save on heat lost.  The Bullfrog uses the same jets and same controls and the same acrylic as the top brands and is a full foam Spa.  The fit and finish is as good as the other top of the line Spas I look at and wet tested. When you order your Spa you get to pick what Jet packs you want.  If you want another later to change up some dealers will take yours in trade.  You can feel free to discredit them all you want.  But you will not change my mind about the advantages of the design. In this area the dealer played a big roll in my decision.  One of the big top brands decided that they would pull their lines out of their dealership. (which they carried for 15 years and have a very good service department)  They gave it to The Great Excape (a big box store) in the next city and they do not have their own service department.  I know several people who have had problems with them.  All they get is the run around. One man has not been able to use his pool that they set up in July.  I wanted to buy my Spa from a local dealer in my own town with a good reputation.  
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 10:06:09 pm by Gair »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2005, 11:31:52 pm »
I guess waterfalls and moto massage and fountains, lights in the jets, leds all around the spa, TVs and radio with pop up speakers are not just pure marketing.  

Some are pure marketing flash (lights in jets, waterfalls, etc.) and others are design improvements that are part marketing, part engineering (moto massages, rotary jets, dynamic massage sequencers, bearingless jets). I'd certainly put the jetpak idea more in the latter group but the idea still doesn't do much for me though I like the uniqueness of it. I'm not saying anything is wrong, I'm just saying I think the Jetpak is successful in catching people's attention but I question any serious value that will be often utilized.

It also save on heat lost.  

I haven't seen this claim. Is someone really saying the jetpak idea saves on energy somehow?

When you order your Spa you get to pick what Jet packs you want.  If you want another later to change up some dealers will take yours in trade.  

The idea of deciding what jetpak you wants sounds kinda cool actually but I doubt people will ever change them out afterward. What does a new jetpak cost (I know they vary but what's typical or a range)?

You can feel free to discredit them all you want.  But you will not change my mind about the advantages of the design.

I'm not trying to discredit them. In fact in this industry where there is much copying and similarity their idea is at least fresh. It's simply not for me as I don't see any real value to it (and it does lose the ability to have varying seat heights I believe) but that doesn't make them a problem. To each his own.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 11:00:02 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 05:27:19 pm »
Bullfrog is building a good spa.  Before you buy one I would try out the different jet packs.  The problem I have with the packs is obvious:  You'll never want to take the time to change them.  Do you ever need to change them?  ALL OF THE SEATS FOR THE EXCEPTION OF THE LOUNGE ARE THE EXACT SAME DIMENSION AND DEPTH.  What's the point if every seat is molded the same?  Why not find a spa that soaks great without ever changing anything.  If you test soak in a BF and like it better than the others...buy it.  THey do have or did have on of the better covers in the industry.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 05:27:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42