What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Sundance Optima  (Read 5403 times)

Ronnie526

New Sundance Optima
« on: October 08, 2005, 12:57:25 am »
 >:(Arrived today ... PROBLEM!! >:( ... All filled up & wired & IT DOESN'T WORK!!!!! .... Keyboard (control panel) is "locked" .... followed the instructions in the manual for unlocking it & IT DOESN'T WORK?  Any suggestions?  Description of "locked" mode says "automatic functions will still operate" & nothing happened (no pump start ... no 24 hr circulation pump running) so maybe it's a bad board??  As a side note ... the access panel is a HORRIBLE fit ... 1 of the 4 screws is WAY off, I'll have to re-tap it, I guess .... ALL I can say is they BETTER have Saturday Service .... GRRRRRRRRR .... ANYway .... Hope YOU all had a better day than ME ....   ;)

Hot Tub Forum

New Sundance Optima
« on: October 08, 2005, 12:57:25 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: New Sundance Optima
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 01:05:57 am »
Get your dealer' s service out there, that's what your warranty is for.  Didn't the installers stick around to check out the spa was working?
Brewman

Ronnie526

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 01:08:52 am »
Brewman .... There were no installers? .... Just the crane guys.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 01:41:29 am »

Call the dealer first thing in teh mroning asnd let him know you're anxious for resolution.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

mjb

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 10:03:20 am »
The locked symptom on your topside means one of two things.  Either 1.) you have to unlock it by pushing these buttons,  in this order, display-mode-down arrow.
Or, 2.) your wiring is incorrect.  If the topside control will not unlock then your electrical connection is 110v not 220v.

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 01:05:15 pm »
Just a note for every spa shopper out there: Make sure that the person, dealership, or whoever you are buying from, includes not just delivery, but set up and orientation. This should include firing up the spa, testing that it is in good running order, and showing you how to operate it. If you cannot coordinate your electyrician to hook up the spa on delivery, your seller should be willing to come back after hook up to do this service.

paul

• New Optima Owner
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 10:38:08 pm »
Guzz,

I just bought a SD Optima today, and did just that.  I wrote it all in the contract.  Good advice

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 08:04:39 am »
This is almost always caused by the electircian hooking the spa up 120v, especially if it is a brand new spa.  

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 08:40:26 am »

Who hooked it up then?

Brewman

J._McD

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 10:00:53 am »
I have had this situation occur on more than 5 different occassions and we can not anticipate it.  We all naturally assume the electrician hooked it up correctly.  But, the Spa has 110 volts to ground and I certainly hope you turned the power off until someone can correct it.

Because the power supply is only three wires, 2 hot and 1 ground, it is pretty hard to screw it up, BUT nobody's perfect.  Spa sellers, delivery personell, or in this case the crane operator are usually NOT licensed electricians and will decline hooking up electric as they become fully responsible for anything that happens and again, they are not licensed.  This could become a legal issue.  I speak from experience.

I would be calling your electrician.  He has inadvertantly criss crossed 2 wires and apparently did not check his work and you seem to be jumping to conclusions that the spa is faulty which is understandable.  This was the same scenario we have experienced on multiple occassions.  The customers were unhappy with us about the experience and were a little redfaced when the problem was realized.

And of course, I too am making an assumption here that I feel confident about.  But, nobody's perfect and I could be wrong, eh! ;)

Ronnie526

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 12:02:09 pm »
Update .... All SET! .... I did the wiring myself & thought I had screwed something up, but Service Tech just left, having replaced the main board! .... Thanks very much for all your help & advice .... I REALLY appreciate it!!!! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 12:02:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42