What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Used spas?  (Read 2460 times)

dths

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Used spas?
« on: October 04, 2005, 02:00:20 pm »
I was wondering if anyone has addressed the topic of buying a used (make that "pre-owned") tub.  I'm aware of some of the pitfalls, such as no warranty, lack of dealer support, transporting and setting up, etc.

However, there is a 2003 Tiger River Bengal someone is looking to sell, and will take a best offer as they are selling their home Nov 1st and will lose it in the home sale anyway.  We have been saving for a new tub for a while, but we still have a ways to go (too much open debt now).

Any feedback would be appreciated.  It so happens we've been considering the Bengal anyways because of the new price is fairly low ($5-6K), and it has most of the features we're looking for.

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Used spas?
« on: October 04, 2005, 02:00:20 pm »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: Used spas?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 02:51:21 pm »
bengal is one of our best selling models.

we sell 15+ pre-owned hotspring and tiger rivers every year.

Right now, I have 9 pre-owned hotspring, ready to go, ranging in age from 8-20years old. the 1984 early model sovereign will be on it's 4th owner!

check to make sure the spa is hot, jet pump works, cover is in good condition. you really can not go wrong. I wouldn't be afraid of it. also, check with the dealer where it was purchased, they'll probably be more than happy to help with your questions.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

dths

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 03:02:48 pm »
Thanks hottub.pool_boy.

Are there any huge differences between the 2003 TR Bengal and the 2005 model?  We wet tested the 2005 a while back and it seemed like a good fit.  Also, how hard would it be for the layman to wrestle it into place? (probably depends on how many people you have available)

Thanks, this is a great forum.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 07:27:27 pm »
Not hard with the proper guidance. I would be happy to provide you with the tools/ advice you'll need.

2" pvc pipe( afew lengths), 2 able bodied persons, carpet, cardboard, a dolly or two, small home depot flat trailer/ or the like, Pickup truck will work(a small pickup, non-4wheel drive variety is better because the bed is lower to the ground.

Let me the the specifics of the picup point and its final resting place, pics are best.

Oh, there are no big differences, some minor.

think in the terms of how a farmer would do it.

we'll halp you get it from point a to point b in one piece.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 07:28:32 pm by hottub.pool_boy »
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 10:35:24 pm »
WHen they say "best offer" what do they mean? If "best offer" is truly that then offer them $2,000.  The going rate for a used tub would be around 50% of the original value. The Bengal is a $6K tub new, right? So $2K would be a "deal" for you and give them some cash.  If it was in good shape you could go all the way up to $3K but it sounds like your already over extended so maybe this isn't the best time to try coming up with even $2K cash.   In no case should you pay more than $3K as there is no financial reason to do so.
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 01:09:40 pm »
There are no changes between a 2003 & 2005 Tiger river bengal, except that they now have available a 220 model with a slightly lager jet pump.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 01:09:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42