What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Moving?  (Read 2913 times)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
Moving?
« on: September 28, 2005, 12:13:11 am »
So... I've been wondering something.

If you've got a hot tub and you decide to move do most people leave the tub with the house or try to move it?

I can understand leaving it if it's old or sunk into a deck or something.  But, if you're talking about a 1 or 2 year old spa that you spend $8000 is it worth trying to move it to a new house?

Just wondering what most people do...
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Moving?
« on: September 28, 2005, 12:13:11 am »

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
Re: Moving?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 12:20:24 am »
I don't think you'd get much for it through the sale of the house.  I think they figure about 1000.00/year depreciation.  Can you get 6000.00 more for your house if you leave it?

The company who is delivering my new tub and taking the old one to another location is charging 250.00 for the move.  I say if you like the tub take it with you.  If you want to upgrade or just get something different, now's the time to do it!
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 12:25:03 am »
No immediate plans to move.  There's just the possibility of it in the next couple of years.

Will the delivery guys from dealers typically do work on the side and 'move' tubs for people?  I'd pay someone $250 in a heartbeat to move a tub for me to a new house if I were moving.  I'm just not sure how easy it would be to find someone to do that.

Any dealers out ther willing to comment on if this is done much?

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 12:38:04 am »
The company who delivers for my dealer is an independant guy.  I don't know if he delivers other brands, or just Marquis.  I know that my dealer has two locations here in the cities and it sounds like they keep him busy.  When I inquired about my situation, my dealer did say that they move existing tubs all the time.
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 10:31:40 am »
We charge $250 to move a HotSpring, as well.  It is a bargain for the customer.  If some damage occurs to the spa, we will be responsible for restitution.

Terminator
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 10:32:27 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chris_H

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 10:59:15 am »
We charge $250 to move a HotSpring, as well.  It is a bargain for the customer.  If some damage occurs to the spa, we will be responsible for restitution.

Terminator

$250 is a bargain in my opinion.  If you think about it, most dealers will add $200 - $300 to the cost of the spa for delivery to the consumer’s house even if it is "free" delivery.  We all know nothing is free.  However when you move a spa, you are essentially doing 2 deliveries.  I would think to move a spa the price should be closer to $500.

shabba34

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 11:32:36 am »

$250 is a bargain in my opinion.  If you think about it, most dealers will add $200 - $300 to the cost of the spa for delivery to the consumer’s house even if it is "free" delivery.  We all know nothing is free.  However when you move a spa, you are essentially doing 2 deliveries.  I would think to move a spa the price should be closer to $500.
I charge $400.00 within 50 miles of my store.  Some customers are elated, and others act as if I am the devil reincarnated.  Either way, still $400.00 ;)

Chris_H

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005, 11:45:24 am »
I charge $400.00 within 50 miles of my store.  Some customers are elated, and others act as if I am the devil reincarnated.  Either way, still $400.00 ;)

I can understand why some customers may be pissed off.  They think it was FREE when they bought the spa and it should be free now.  They don’t seem to realize it definitely costs money for the trailer, truck, gas, and manpower to move the spa.  

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2005, 12:35:32 pm »
We try to offset the cost by scheduling the move to coincide when we are already in the area delivering a spa.  It works out pretty good for the customer and they usually don't mind waiting a few days.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2005, 01:53:04 pm »
Having lost the last spa (it went with the house) I can offer that it definitely was not my intent to part with it.  The proverbial offer that couldn't be refused cost me the spa, but facilitated the sale.  The answer as to which way to go, depends almost entirely on the buyer of the property.  My spa made the house more desireable than any other and the buyer wanted the whole package.  If I had held firm on the spa not being part of the sale either a) the buyer would have walked, or b) the price would have been much lower.  As far as I can tell, the $8,000 spa sold the house for $30K more than would have been true otherwise.  Admittedly this is an overheated market, but both the appraiser and the broker felt that the spa sold the house for that much more than it was worth.

Regards,

Bill

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2005, 02:37:22 pm »
Having lost the last spa (it went with the house) I can offer that it definitely was not my intent to part with it.  The proverbial offer that couldn't be refused cost me the spa, but facilitated the sale.  The answer as to which way to go, depends almost entirely on the buyer of the property.  My spa made the house more desireable than any other and the buyer wanted the whole package.  If I had held firm on the spa not being part of the sale either a) the buyer would have walked, or b) the price would have been much lower.  As far as I can tell, the $8,000 spa sold the house for $30K more than would have been true otherwise.  Admittedly this is an overheated market, but both the appraiser and the broker felt that the spa sold the house for that much more than it was worth.

Regards,

Bill

If I could get an extra $30K for my house they can keep the spa.  I'd even buy them a new one if they didn't like ours...   ;)

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2005, 06:58:08 pm »
I agree with what Bill said -I believe it depends on the buyer. With inflated house prices, if the potential buyer wants the tub - I would sell them it.

In my case it's "part of the deck" so it will be part of the house unless a potential buyer wants a 8'x8' hole in the deck. I think that people are starting to want luxury items in their house and a tub fits that bill.

Although I only know 2 people with a tub I get a lot of "wow, you got a hot tub" from most people I talk to. I would think these same people would buy a house with a tub sitting there looking nice and clean and inviting.

Of course with a tub that's truely portable, you and the buyer can make that decision unlike mine which will be part of the selling point.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2005, 06:58:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42