What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Gazebo or Screened Room  (Read 10857 times)

Brookenstein

Re: Gazebo or Screened Room
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2005, 03:06:26 pm »
Cappycat,

I saw these enclosures over the weekend when I was looking for gazeebos and thought of you.   :)  I don't know anything about them, but compared to some of your prices, they seem reasonable and look like they have a good warranty and whatnot.

http://agidomes.com/domes.html#

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2005, 03:06:26 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2005, 03:09:15 pm »
cappykat,

Yes, I live in NJ. I'm actually a transplanted New Yorker.

I agree what Phil said - I used composite initially for the lack of maintenance, which was my wife's idea. I could have bought less expensive composite but since the screen room was going on the deck I wanted something more "bug Proof" and the stuff I used is more bug proof.

I also built the deck WAY OVER specs since I'm a big guy and wanted the safety in a beefed up deck. My friend who's helping me was chuckling during the whole deck install process because of it.  But I walked onto a deck that bounced when I stepped onto it (I'm not THAT big)and it unnerved me to have it do that.

Composite railing IS VERY EXPENSIVE!!! One of the  reasons I went the vinyl railing route was because of the expense.

cappykat

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2005, 03:39:40 pm »
Brookenstein, I appreciate your thinking about me when you saw these.  I checked out the website....very interesting.  I don't know what the height is or whether it would pass code requirements and inspection but something else to explore.

Thanks!
2005 Marquis Epic

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2005, 08:34:20 pm »
Cappykat, I am having a company stain our decks, fence and lattice. I am too lazy to do all that work! LOL. They will put a sealer on it as well that protects it from weather and such. We stain the deck every 2 years for the walking surface and every 4 years for the railings. Good luck with your choice!

cappykat

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2005, 11:19:34 pm »
HAAA!!!  My husband is quite the "do-it-yourselfer" and he's quite good...but this is like going thru a buffet line where your "eyes are bigger than your stomach".

We have visions of grandeur and we may have to downsize them...LOL!!
2005 Marquis Epic

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2005, 11:42:18 pm »
When it's all said and done, you guys will be happy with whatever you decide on. The main thing is the spa! Everything else is a bonus, lol. Good luck and post some pics when your planning begins.

cappykat

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2005, 11:09:00 am »
I'll post pictures once the process begins.  Thanks, again.  Your's and Vinny's decks inspired us to go that way.  We found a great website http://www.decks.com/PhotoSearch.aspx
and got a lot of good ideas from it.
2005 Marquis Epic

xqqqsme

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2005, 10:25:32 am »

I am installing composite.  It was about 2X the price and the Railings are much more than that.  But, it looks great.  I'll post pic's tomorrow.

PICTURES UNDER CONSTRUCTION
SHOULD BE ALMOST DONE TODAY.  MORE TO COME

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2005, 11:28:56 am »
Brookenstein, I appreciate your thinking about me when you saw these.  I checked out the website....very interesting.  I don't know what the height is or whether it would pass code requirements and inspection but something else to explore.

Thanks!

They should pass most code regulations. They are made by visscher bros and then the dome roof is installed by AGI

cappykat

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2005, 12:35:33 pm »
xqqqsme...the deck looks really good.  After reading so many posts saying to try the spa outside before putting in inside...that's what we've decided to do.

We're going to look at PT and composite.  It might be worth it to spend the extra money for better long-term benefits. We'll just have to see on that one.

We've got a design and we're going to go to Lowe's or Home Depot to get them to actually design it.  We're gathering estimates, so hopefully we'll get started in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for all the input!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 12:35:55 pm by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2005, 12:35:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42