What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dryer Sheets revisted  (Read 2476 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Dryer Sheets revisted
« on: September 20, 2005, 12:20:05 pm »
In reading last week about the use of Dryer sheets to help with foam in your spa. This caught by eye and I wondered as I believe a few mentioned they were going to try it or look in to it and its effects on your water...I was wondering if anyone has tried and any results to be shared ....Any information is appreciated ....... :D

Hot Tub Forum

Dryer Sheets revisted
« on: September 20, 2005, 12:20:05 pm »

Haynes

• 2005 Down East Cape Cod/ Monongahela, PA
Re: Dryer Sheets revisted
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 05:00:56 pm »
I have been using them for the past week since I changed my water.  Unable to evaluate them as of yet.  Yes, I do not have foam, but only my immediate family has used the tub.  No one with questionable detergent residue in their bathing suits has yet to use the tub.  Will post again in several weeks with update

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 11:25:35 pm »
Mendocino101,
I'm on my 2nd dryer sheet within a week's time. It appears to make a difference but I'm not ready to say I can throw out my antifoam (although I haven't needed to use it).
Both times I threw one in, it was because we found a lot of foam in the tub with all jets on high and air on (6"-8" of foam building up in a couple of spots). The foam would dissipate after 5-10 minutes once the jets were off - this is before trying the dryer sheet. After the dryer sheet had been in a few hours, the foam seemed to lessen considerably with jets and air on. After a few days, I began to see more foam so I removed the old one and put in another one.

Don't know if it makes a difference but I'm using Bounce.

Phil

P.S. The dryer sheet does want to head for and stick to the filter but I found a way around that. I have a floating duck thermometer. I made a hole in the middle of the dryer sheet just big enough to tightly force the thermometer through. So now it looks like the ducky is wearing a skirt ;D...kinda see-through at that! ::)
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 11:25:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42