What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Silver Ion Purifier  (Read 2290 times)

Rogie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Silver Ion Purifier
« on: September 08, 2005, 09:02:25 am »
I have had my tub (HS Grandee) running for a week. Water is clear and no problems. I am using the silver ion purifier that my brother-in-law brought me back from the States. The problem is no one in Cananda is that fimiliar with it.
I have been adding 1 1/2 tbl dichlor before each use and 1 more after a good soak with the clean cycle.

My question is with the silver ion purifier should I still try to maintain the free chlorine between 3-5ppm?

And how do you measure the amount of MPS that is in the tub?  

Hot Tub Forum

Silver Ion Purifier
« on: September 08, 2005, 09:02:25 am »

TattedVenus

Re: Silver Ion Purifier
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 10:34:00 am »
It sounds liek you have a good routine going on. Do you have an ozonator with your Grandee? If you do, you do not have to maintain a 3-5 ppm of CL. How many people are using the tub? That can effect how much Cl you are putting into the tub as well. As for testing for MPS, there are test strips available, but it isn't necessary to test for it.

Rogie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 09:00:24 am »
Thanks for the reply. I have a ozonator. The amount of people using the tub varies from 2-6.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 09:01:06 am by Rogie »

Soakin

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 03:09:50 pm »
...silver ion purifier ...no one in Cananda is that fimiliar with it. ...I have been adding 1 1/2 tbl dichlor before each use and 1 more after a good soak with the clean cycle.  My question is with the silver ion purifier should I still try to maintain the free chlorine between 3-5ppm? And how do you measure the amount of MPS that is in the tub?  
I'm a little confused here. ???  1.5 tablespoons of dichlor before a soak sounds like way too much.  That would have you soaking in 5+ppm.  With an additional 1T after, your chlorine levels should be through the roof.  Did you mean teaspoons?  Given that most of the Canadian members here talk of difficulty finding dichlor, and since you asked about MPS readings at the end of your post, is it possible that you are using MPS instead of dichlor?  Then the amounts would make more sense.  

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 10:26:39 pm »
should use 2.5 teaspoons after light use, 1-3 people for 10-20-mins. Over 20mins or up to 6 people add 5 teaspoons once done, and run the clean cycle when adding. 5 teaspoond to shock once a week.

Having ozone and freshwater cartridge, you can go to the everfreshwater care system, you already have 2 of the four components. if you have mps you have 3 of the four components. the last component is the pre-filter.

With everfreshwater care, chlorine is used weekly to shock and once a month to shock and wipe topsides of spa and underside of cover.

your regular addition is mps prior to each use and nothing when you get out. I beleive the dose is 1 teaspoon per 100 gallond of mps prior to each use and you can enter the spa without waiting.

I'll double check when i get to the store tomorrow. If you have a fax machine i can fax you our maintenance sheet for everfreshwater care for the grandee tomorrow.

there are test strips for mps.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 10:26:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42