What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Want back in !!!  (Read 4334 times)

38super

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Want back in !!!
« on: September 12, 2005, 08:56:13 pm »
Hi  All
Just bought a new house and am looking for a hot tub for our back deck.
Had to leave my Sundance Capri with old house…. was part of the deal ,I miss
it very much . What I liked about it was the power it seemed to have ….would lift me off
the seat which  I like . I have arthritis in my neck and lower back …shoulders .
It’s been a few years since I decided  to buy the Sundance and was wondering
What’s new in hot tubing  .I will narrow down what I’m looking for .  1, only has to seat 2
Me and the wife .2. Good jet action …goes with out saying  and reliability
What are the best 2 or 3 person tubs out there . I know this has been asked a million
Times so bare with me   Thanks ….WILL

Hot Tub Forum

Want back in !!!
« on: September 12, 2005, 08:56:13 pm »

scott10367

• I live to spa and spa to live!
Re: Want back in !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 09:05:38 pm »
I sell both Sundance and Hot Spring Spas and you can't go wrong either way!  The Sundance Metro seats 2-3 and should go for about $5500.  The Hot Spring Jetsetter has seats for 3 but is really a two person and would retail for about the same price.  Both spas come standard as 110volt and can be converted to 220v.  They both have excellent warranties and are solid spas.  I would recommend you wet test both of these models as a starting point.  Narrow your choice down by your comfort, the price and the dealer you will have to deal with. PS They still make the Capri and for only $1000 more you get a bigger spa with more jets.  Good luck!

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 11:04:18 pm »
If you are looking for a powerful therapy seat in a smaller footprint, perhaps you should check out the Arctic Fox.  Take a look at the seat with the inverted triangle on the upper right corner.  That seat is in many of their larger spas and I can tell you it will blow you away.  It's my favorite seat in any spa any brand.  Every jet in that seat is 5" or 3". The jets rotate around spindle bearings (a bit different in design that other bearing jets and more therepeutic by far than static jets, IMHO.)  I love the feel, you may not, but you should check it out.  The tub is 85x68 and may be a bit bigger than you want.  But you did ask for suggestions.

jetster

• Bublin Jetsetter
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 10:50:57 am »
I have had my Jetsetter since June 2 05 and the wife and I have only missed a handful of days enjoying the tub. We are very happy with the performance and the easy maintenance.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 11:29:35 am »
What are the best 2 or 3 person tubs out there . I know this has been asked a million
Times so bare with me   Thanks ….WILL

Will,
There is no absolute answer to that. There are many brands out there ranging from excellent to not so great. I would recommend you go to the websites of spa makers like Sundance, Hot Spring, Caldera, Marquis and D1 and use their dealer locator to see who is local to you. Others here have spas they are high on such as Coleman, Arctic, Dynasty, etc. Be patient, see who’s local, visit them all if possible, make sure you're comfortable with the dealer's ability/willingness to service your needs and buy what you see as a Quality spa.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 11:37:11 am »
Do yourself a favor...Go wet test the D1 Triad II and, if cost isn't an issue try the Dupree Bay.

I have a Marquis Epic and think that it is the best 2 person spa in the industry!

hymbaw

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 12:03:25 pm »
If you loved your Capri the easy answer is to buy another one, they still make 'em!!!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 12:53:53 pm »
Do yourself a favor...Go wet test the D1 Triad II and, if cost isn't an issue try the Dupree Bay.

I have a Marquis Epic and think that it is the best 2 person spa in the industry!

Interesting looking tub.  Does it have a cover that folds in half?  Is it small enough a cover lifer isn't neccesary?  The Arctic Fox also has a nice layout.  Maybe when I move into my Mom's house on the golf course, I'll get a smaller spa.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 11:00:02 am »
Cover does fold in half down the center. It is not a small spa in any respect. If your just looking for a small footprint with great power then take a look at the Marquis Hideaway.

It comes standard in a 110/220 convertible but if you upgrade to the 220 only pump you will have more jet action than most people can stand!

It also comes at a very attractive price...

http://marquisspas.com/hideaway/hideaway.asp

SpaMan

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 11:08:52 am »

Cal Spa offers a similar spa at a great price with a great warranty. You may want to check it out!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 11:11:09 am by coloradocrusader »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 12:01:47 pm »
Hey CC,
Is that a one pump system with all of those jets? I don't see a diverter either...Have you ever seen it run? I can't imagine sharing that many jets on one pump and having any power at all. Is it convertable?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 12:01:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42