What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Perfect  (Read 8080 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Spa Perfect
« on: September 07, 2005, 09:35:31 pm »
I was wondering if anyone out there has been using a product called "Spa Perfect" ....We have been trying it on our showroom spas and have been pleased with the results.

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Perfect
« on: September 07, 2005, 09:35:31 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Spa Perfect
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 09:47:59 pm »
I use it. I do think it works great, no ring on the tub at all, but boy do I get foam.

Some of the foam I can contribute to detergents in the suits but I do have "frothing" on my water all the time when the air is on.

I am not new to water chemistry but I am new to hot water chemistry and was amazed by how much gunk a person's body gives off - I really wasn't prepared for that!

One thing I'm not impressed with though is their customer service - they really don't answer questions other than with "stock" blurbs.

Once I use up my 2 bottles I have, I'm going to try a different enzyme product to see if some of my foam issues goes away.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 09:48:40 pm by Vinny »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 09:53:43 pm »
Vinny,

I am must say we have no foam in our showroom, so I wonder if it just soap from the suits. Why do you think its the spa perfect.

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 10:24:15 pm »
Mendocino101,
How's this for a coincidence. I just bought a bottle of Spa Perfect online last week and it was on my doorstep when I got home. :o
I've had some cloudiness that I can't seem to get rid of and after reading the forum and seeing Spa Perfect coming up often, I decided to try some.
I added 4 oz per the instructions and we'll see what happens. I'll give you and update tomorrow afternoon.

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 10:52:45 pm »
Couple o things...

First off Phil, cloudiness is most often related to not meeting the demand of your sanitizer. After that, I would check your filtration cycles and increase if need be then check the condition of your filters. After that, check your overall water balance.

Enzyme's won't neccessarily clear up cloudy water but will help make your sanitizer more effective.

I have heard the relation between enzyme products and foaming before. My suggestion is to add the product, and run the spa with the air controls closed initially. It usually takes about 6 hours to fully react and foaming shouldn't be an issue after that. Also, don't shock within those 6 hours or you will kill off those enzymes you just added.

I have used and recommended enzyme treatment for years with great success.

Steve

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 11:15:45 pm »
Couple o things...

Enzyme's won't neccessarily clear up cloudy water but will help make your sanitizer more effective.

I have heard the relation between enzyme products and foaming before. My suggestion is to add the product, and run the spa with the air controls closed initially. It usually takes about 6 hours to fully react and foaming shouldn't be an issue after that. Also, don't shock within those 6 hours or you will kill off those enzymes you just added.

Steve

The folks at Spa Perfect told me not to shock on the same day as adding SP.....we have not had the issue with foam and perhaps because it is as you suggest added and cycled into the water on its own.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 06:59:48 am »
Vinny,

I am must say we have no foam in our showroom, so I wonder if it just soap from the suits. Why do you think its the spa perfect.

When I started using it I would soak then add dichlor and the water would froth and the Spa Perfect people said to wait to add sanitizer. I didn't believe them at first but HotTubMan suggested the same thing so I have been waiting until the next morning to add dichlor. I figured that it's 8 hours or so that the enzyme is working, I also add another dose of enzymes in the middle of the week if I soak in the tub every night. I haven't soaked in my tub too often doing it this way but I still have the frothing.

One of my BIGGEST problems is the fact that I have kids coming in the tub and they are wearing fresh, clean suits and I do believe the majority of my foam is from that (I have had it look like a bubble bath - 6 to 8 inches of foam).

I'm not sure if Spa Perfect is the culprit with the frothing,  I started using it due to the brown water line only after 1 week of ownership of the tub. As all newbies I need to do a trial and error to find what works for me - but I won't give up the enzymes (at least I don't think so)!

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 09:47:55 am »
Couple o things...

First off Phil, cloudiness is most often related to not meeting the demand of your sanitizer. After that, I would check your filtration cycles and increase if need be then check the condition of your filters. After that, check your overall water balance.

Steve

Steve,
Your suggestions have made a big difference. Thanks.
After reading your post, the next day I replaced the bromine cartridge in the built-in frog. It's deceptive because there was still some material in the cartridge and it was set wide open but it doesn't seem to dissolve. Increased the filter cycle and changed the filters and found the cloudiness has cleared up over the past few days. I also noticed some foam after adding the enzyme but it dissipates quickly once the jets are off. In fact, if I turn off the air going to the jets, that kills it, too. I'm going to try a dryer sheet as mentioned in another thread to see if that helps.

So did increasing the bromine and other normal maintenance or adding the Spa Perfect clear up the cloudiness? ??? Probably a combination of all of the above.  Anyway, I'll continue to fine tune the weekly maintenance and use the Spa Perfect.

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 09:59:48 am »
Fill us in please with your dryer sheet experiment.  That caught my eye as well, but I'm always a bit hesitent. I'd really appreciate hearing how it worked for you.

Good luck.
07 Caldera Geneva

RockyRanch

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 06:27:02 pm »
Good Day to All, I have used Spa Perfect since day one, also use their metal free & both work great. We have had no issue with foam, it does seem to make the water feel soft & smells nice. We have a high metal well water issue, with the recent drain & fill we added plenty of metal free with fill up & not even so much as a slight ring around the tub, last time with other metal reducing products we still had a ring for a few days & had discolored filters, all clean & clear this time. ;D

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 08:23:09 pm »
I have not used Spa Perfect in my new water and after 3 days of use, no frothing and no scum line. I am keeping a close eye on the water to see how it behaves without the enzyme treatment.

I have noticed in the past that Spa Perfect does cause a different "foam" with the air on than before the water has it added to it. It does disappear after turning the air off and it doesn't appear without the air at all.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 08:23:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42