What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The blood, the sweat and tears with my new Optima!  (Read 8061 times)

alwaysperky

• Hail the flashlight king!
Re: The blood, the sweat and tears with my new Opt
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2005, 12:24:47 am »
Hey JDMcd,

Thanks again!  I actually missed the phone number part in your first reply.  I guess I was a bit blinded at the time.  Is the number you provided the SD HQ's?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2005, 12:24:47 am »

Soakin

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2005, 06:13:52 pm »
... My Optima was delivered today... The tub was dirty inside so I cleaned it up and noticed how the chrome on the jets was rusty looking... the tub started up and then filled with black papery goo and poof the breaker tripped... Upon closer inspection I note the barrier on the bottom of the tub is hagging down low, AND one of the what I would call base boards is cracked all the way through...  It looks like the guys who installed the cover lifter drilled the holes in the wrong spot too... I was told the tub was new yet there was a sale sign laying in the bottom indicating that is was a floor model...
What ended up happening here?  Did I miss the post about a resolution? ???
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 06:14:33 pm by Soakin »

alwaysperky

• Hail the flashlight king!
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2005, 09:23:13 pm »
[glb]Hello.  Sorry for the delay in providing the resolution details.  I've been really busy landscaping around and soaking in my tub, along with a long vacation.  The good news is I did get a brand new 2005 Optima to replace the 2004 floor model. The short version of the story is the sales guy kept promising me he'd take care of eveything but did nothing. I luckily had made previous contact with the guy in charge. After a full week of waiting, giving the sales guy the chance to deliver on his promise, I called the guy in charge on his cell phone and he basically resolved the issue within an hour. The sales guy called later to tell me he could fix all the problems we had with tub. "everything can be replaced".  When they took it away I saw other issues with the tub.  Not only was one base board cracked, another was completely missing. The delivery of the new tub did not go flawlessly either but I didn't have the energy to push it.  The bottom line.......I ended up with a great tub with more bells and whistles than what I had earlier bargined for.  Thanks again for all of the support.  Got to go I just got invited to do a little tubbin by my 7 year old.[/glb]

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2005, 10:27:45 am »
[glb]Hello.  Sorry for the delay in providing the resolution details.  I've been really busy landscaping around and soaking in my tub, along with a long vacation.  The good news is I did get a brand new 2005 Optima to replace the 2004 floor model. The short version of the story is the sales guy kept promising me he'd take care of eveything but did nothing. I luckily had made previous contact with the guy in charge. After a full week of waiting, giving the sales guy the chance to deliver on his promise, I called the guy in charge on his cell phone and he basically resolved the issue within an hour. The sales guy called later to tell me he could fix all the problems we had with tub. "everything can be replaced".  When they took it away I saw other issues with the tub.  Not only was one base board cracked, another was completely missing. The delivery of the new tub did not go flawlessly either but I didn't have the energy to push it.  The bottom line.......I ended up with a great tub with more bells and whistles than what I had earlier bargined for.  Thanks again for all of the support.  Got to go I just got invited to do a little tubbin by my 7 year old.[/glb]

That is a nice ending to a painful story, it's amazing what a few phone calls can do.

Happy tubbing.
Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2005, 10:02:35 am »
May you always have clean, hot, bubbly water to spend time in with your family!

Glad you had a satisfactory resolution!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2005, 10:02:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42