What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Vanguard, Marquis Destiny, Sundance Majesta ???  (Read 4435 times)

newriver99

HS Vanguard, Marquis Destiny, Sundance Majesta ???
« on: September 02, 2005, 08:33:07 pm »
I'm close to making a decison on one of the three listed spas.  I just got a price of $7700 out the door and delivered for the HS and the other two were over $9000.
I was not able to wet test the listed models but was able to test  other models of the manufacturer.
I need some feedback on these models.  
What about the moto massage on the HS? There is a single and a double jet.  Are these really better than having group of jets?

Hot Tub Forum

HS Vanguard, Marquis Destiny, Sundance Majesta ???
« on: September 02, 2005, 08:33:07 pm »

TubsAndCues

Re: HS Vanguard, Marquis Destiny, Sundance Majesta
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 08:40:47 pm »
That is a great price for the Vanguard, especially for an out the door price!!!  Grab that up while you can.  That's cheaper than I could sell it for right now.

There are a variety of opinions on the MotoMassage, but they are my favorite jets on the Hot Springs.  Most times those are the only seats I use.  I still prefer the single jet version, but most of my friends, family and customers who have tried the double like that one better.  

It all comes down to personal preferance, but if you're not sure, ask your dealer if you can wet test it first.  You may find out you don't like it.  

Good luck on finding the best tub for you!!!

bart4

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 11:40:24 pm »
I have had a Vanguard for 4 days so I will give you my 4 days worth of opinions. It is a very good tub so far. It is a very, very quiet tub. All the seats are very comfortable with a place to rest your arms. The foot or lower jets are great and can double for your quads and hamstring muscles.
The Moto on both the single and double are very strong jets that can almost beat you up at top force but they can be ajusted to lower speeds. I think they are worth getting. Both the moto's have 4 single line jets above them that gives a very nice massage to the shoulders and they also can be ajusted. The tub very spacious for  seating(5 seats) also has a cooling down seat  and is  very spacious in the middle of the tub. Heats up fast. cover lifts easy and has locks on it, lights give a nice effect with severl colors, filters easy to get to and clean. very easy access in and out of tub. I paid $8,400 with Cover Cradle II and inexpesive steps in  North Ohio.  
Only in a Sundance one time last year and from what i remember it was a good tub also.
Wet test before you buy. I did and it paid off.
GOOD LUCK !!

newriver99

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 12:12:05 pm »
Thank you for replying.  It is helping me make the big decision.  I am leaning towards the HS.  The price is great.  It is supposed to be a contractors price and there is no sales tax for the weekend.
I still would like others to comment.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 12:19:30 pm »
Well, I'm a HotSpring dealer, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt if you like.

The Vanguard is a wonderful spa that seems to have good representation from owners on this board.  The single and double MotoMassages give you the best of both world's and are (arguably) the most popular and unique jets in the industry.

The price is excellent, by the way.  Our base price is around $8300 with no accessories.  Looks like a very good deal from where I sit.  Good luck with whichever spa you choose.  They're all excellent spas! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 12:31:51 pm »
I'm close to making a decison on one of the three listed spas.  I just got a price of $7700 out the door and delivered for the HS and the other two were over $9000.
I was not able to wet test the listed models but was able to test  other models of the manufacturer.
I need some feedback on these models.  
What about the moto massage on the HS? There is a single and a double jet.  Are these really better than having group of jets?

$7700 OTD?  Believe that after you’re at home soaking in it.

That’s an incredible price!  Jump on it.

I own a Vanguard 2005 and love it.  I had a tuff day yesterday, headache all day long that kept getting worse. When I finally got home I climbed into my tub at 9:30pm and I could “literally” feel the tension leave my body.

It was amazing what the spa did for me last night!

stressed-out-teach

• Vanguard '05-
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 01:35:55 pm »
I just paid $8000 out the door for my Vanguard here in Tulsa, so your price looks great to me!!  We got our tub Tuesday, and just love it!!  Good luck with making your decision, I understand how tough that it can be.

stressed-out-teach

• Vanguard '05-
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2005, 01:38:41 pm »
By the way, I simply LOVE the moto massage!!  I am a teacher and come home  very tense and tired, the moto massage is heavenly!! :) :)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2005, 01:42:42 pm »
We have not received the new destiny yet, but I have heard from those who have soaked in it that it is a great therapy tub.

Ritz

• Vanguard 2004
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 03:26:05 pm »
That's great price - I paid 8200 (with 6.5% sales tax) for same tub & cover lifter - and it was a 2004 floor model!  Coming up on 6 month anniversary and we're still in it nearly every night!  Haven't even noticed any increase in my electric bill....

scott10367

• I live to spa and spa to live!
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005, 03:32:18 pm »
What a great price on the Vanguard!  Grab it before the dealer changes their mind!  You will love the spa!  Good luck!

hbcpa

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 04:20:38 pm »
We have had our HS Vanguard since April. We continue to use it every nite. The dealer here is great. We originally ordered our tub in October but could not take delivery because our patio wasn't done. The dealer asked if he could sell our 2004 model and would give us a 2005 model at the same price. We paid $7195 including delivery, setup, chemicals, steps, cover and cradle. We are glad we made this selection :)

cappykat

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 08:16:54 pm »
Sounds like a great price.  We paid $7900 for our Epic.
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 08:16:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42