What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Envoy or Grandee  (Read 13442 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Envoy or Grandee
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2005, 04:29:55 pm »
Oh, and everybody giving me a hard time about my guns...that is actually my 7-year old daughter's gun I'm holding in the picture. ;D

Terminator

Only in Texas (and a few neighboring states)!! Does she have a gun rack right above her bedpost next to her Barbie collection?  ;) ;D
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2005, 04:29:55 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2005, 04:31:51 pm »

Only in Texas (and a few neighboring states)!! Does she have a gun rack right above her bedpost next to her Barbie collection?  ;) ;D

Yep, and on her bicycle.

Brewman, if you're ever this way, bring your shootin irons and we'll blast some milk jugs! 8)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2005, 05:26:29 pm »
Stl-rex,

The repairs to the Arctic involved leaks, and I think one bad pump or maybe a pump seal.  Down time is not known to me. I can tell you that if they had it to do again, they would not buy Arctic, but that might be as much related to the dealer as it is to the tub.  The tub itself seems nice enough, but it is clear that it has not met their expectations.  These are reasonable people too.  

Regards,

Bill

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2005, 09:29:57 pm »

You noticed, I was kind of sidestepping that ;).  Oh well, we did win the National Championship in baseball.  That counts as something! ;D

Terminator

Hook 'em horns, Terminator!  I wouldn't worry too much, there are those of us in Oklahoma who are keeping an eye out!  We will have our day again, OU will be fairly green this year, even at Cotton Bowl time!  
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2005, 09:31:16 pm »

;D Not really worried about anyone from up north......except maybe Oklahoma.  Lot's of gun-toting rednecks up there! (Almost as many as we've got here)

Terminator

That's the truth!  My husband is one of them, gun-toter that is, he isn't really redneck.  Unless Cubans can be termed red-neck.   ;)  Or is it militant?   ::)  I know...Freedom Fighters!   ;D  Oh, my Father-in-law would be very unhappy with me.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 09:42:27 pm by Lori »
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Buckee

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2005, 12:51:45 am »

Hoss, if you think only TX & immediate neighbors are armed, you are underinformed.  In light of what is happening on the Gulf Coast, with looters shooting at rescue helos (my brother's flying one), count your blessings that some of your neighbors, wherever you live, are good guys with guns.  So far we still outnumber the bad guys.

Now let's get this thread back on topic, cause we wet test at the Hot Springs dealer in VA tomorrow nite.  Comparing the Grandee vs Vista vs others, expecting to like the open seating plan for my family of 4 plus lots of guests who, I think, are likely to appreciate the gradual entry via the cool down seat.   And my bad back is sure liking the look of the dual moto-massage.  Geronimo - will report post-test.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2005, 10:55:26 am »
Now let's get this thread back on topic, cause we wet test at the Hot Springs dealer in VA tomorrow nite.  Comparing the Grandee vs Vista vs others, expecting to like the open seating plan for my family of 4 plus lots of guests who, I think, are likely to appreciate the gradual entry via the cool down seat.   And my bad back is sure liking the look of the dual moto-massage.  Geronimo - will report post-test.

My spa is basically an open seated spa which woks well for us. My kids and myself never stay in one seat for more than a minute or two as we kind of slide around constantly. The other type has its advantages as does a lounge spa. This is why wet testing is key; to each his own.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

SuziQ

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2005, 03:03:54 am »
Hey East TX Spa and Terminator!  
We wet tested an HS Envoy the other night, and liked it , but hubby wants a longer lounger so we're thinking of getting the Vista.  They didn't have one available to wet test, but we sat in it dry and liked the 'feel' of the seats.  Apparently they're similar to the Envoy, with the exception of the 'Captain's Seat', being on an angle in the Vista and straight in the Envoy,. We didn't like that straight configuration at all.  I had to keep turning my head to talk to him while he was in the lounge. Hubby just loves the Moto-Massage, and I liked the wrist jets in the Envoy, which the Vista also has. The calf jets were awesome, too.
The saleslady mentioned a $9400 price, but we didn't get into specifics at that time because it was getting late, and we wanted to think on it some more.  I know that includes a differently configured cover because we want the cover to be on a side other  than where it usually is. It also includes delivery and set up.  We didn't talk about an ozonator or any other add-ons.  I know we don't want the Spa Audio feature.  We're gonna set up our own sound system.
Does that price sound about right?  Hubby was pleasantly surprised cause he thought it was gonna be well over $10K.
I'd appreciate your thoughts.  :)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2005, 03:00:15 pm »
SuziQ, that sounds like a pretty good deal on the Vista.  We sell it for around $9800 (no accessories).  The cover lifters for the Vista can be mounted on either side of the spa (from the control panel) as opposed to the Envoy, which folds straight back from the controls.

That is a very astute observation regarding the captain's chair and one that I hadn't considered before.  Thank you for pointing that out as I can now use that to help customers when they are deciding between the Vista and Envoy. :)

I believe a person would have to search far and wide to find a better spa than the Vista.  It is definitely a luxurious water therapy machine!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

SuziQ

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2005, 06:50:03 pm »
Thanks! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2005, 06:50:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42