What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Dilemma  (Read 2375 times)

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
Marquis Dilemma
« on: September 04, 2005, 02:20:19 pm »
 As you may or may not know, we bought our Marquis SA Reward in July 2004.    

At the time, the one thing that we REALLY wanted was the leg jets.   Marquis didn't offer leg jets in any of their tubs, but because of the Marquis warrenty, our dealers reputation and the awesome deep therapy that the Marquis provided, we decided on the SA Reward.  We were very happy with our decision until.... Only months later, the Epic came out.  Ever since I first heard Stuart and Mendo talk about it, it was on my mind.  When my dealer got it on the floor, I went to look at it and fell in love with it right away.  

I've been talking to my dealer about trade in vs selling my tub off & on since they got it.  On Friday, my dealer called with some numbers and I just want to run this by you to see what you think.

He said that if I were to sell it myself, I should figure on about 1000.00 depreciation per year.  I paid 7247.00 + 471.00 tax = 7418.00.  So he figures I could get 6000.00 for it.

To trade in for the Epic, he said they would give me about 5000.00 for my tub.

The Epic goes for 9095.00 + 591.00 tax=9686.00.

So it's got me thinking.

I got a message on my machine yesterday from my dealer.    He said he had a customer in that may be interested in buying my tub.  

All of the sudden things are moving very fast.  I haven't even wet tested the Epic yet.  I'm going to see if I can go in today.  

So what do you think? Should I or shouldn't I?  Stuart and Mendo, I'm especially interested in what you 2 have to say.  And any one else who is familiar with both models.
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Dilemma
« on: September 04, 2005, 02:20:19 pm »

cappykat

Re: Marquis Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 02:29:23 pm »
We bought a 2005 Epic.  Haven't had it delivered yet, but we wet tested the Epic and the Reward.  I like the Reward a lot but went with the Epic because it's bigger and just liked it better.

We got a very good deal on the Epic...out the door $7900.  I'm in Florida.  If you have a possible buyer and you get the price you want...go for it.  Wet test the Epic to make sure that's what you want.

I think the Epic has great therapy and that was our main reason for chosing it.

Good luck!
2005 Marquis Epic

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 02:45:08 pm »
Sounds like you have the fever Ruby.  If money isn't an issue for you I would do it.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 03:09:03 pm »
Since this is something that you most likely will have for many years than IF after wet testing you decide its worth to you, I would do it. I do think in terms of value the SA REWARD is a great tub but it does not have the leg jets that you get with the Epic ....I think the SA fills the needs for a lot of people  but the Epic with its therapy pillar offers therapy options that very few if any spas can match, just to note I have read where someone here in their wet test spoke about the therapy pillar being to deep for them to sit in front, a clever observation ( and a poor dealer demo ) since it was not designed to sit in front of but with its open foot well you can stand or kneel to work muscles from the front instead of just the back you can gets things like knees, hips chest almost any part of the body you want from the back, side or front. This is what makes it unique and for those who have it I am sure they can attest to its benefits.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 01:59:37 pm by Mendocino101 »

drprwnap

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 07:04:42 pm »
We were looking at a HS Vanguard. Very nice tub. The Epic won out because of the leg jets, the adirondack chair, and the therapy pillar.  But the most important (for me) were the leg jets!  Wet test  and if you really like an Epic, GO FOR IT.

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

TTyacke

• Marquis Epic Owner
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 08:19:53 pm »
I too was going to buy a HS Vanguard, when I decided to wet test the Epic.  It didn't take but 1 minute in it to buy.  We had the electrical done yesterday and took our first soak this morning.  It was worth every penny.  I do think that the dealer should be able to offer you $8,500 for being a repeat customer.  I have to get back in the tub now - Good Luck ;D

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 08:53:53 pm »
Well, we just got back from wet testing and... WOW.  It felt great.  the therapy pillar was awesome.  I couldn't sit in front of it because it's too deep, but for my legs and even stooping to get my upper arms & shoulders felt really good.  The therapy seat had great therapy on my upper back.  The adirondack chair was ok for me but being 5'1 the calf jets were ankle jets for me.  Hubby really liked it though.  

What we both really liked was the depth.  Knowing what I know now, and our experience with our SA Reward.  The depth on the Epic would be REALLY nice during our Minnesota winters.  It's something we didn't even pay attention to when we wet tested ours.  

I don't know what we're going to do.  We have to decide if the Epic is worth 3000.00+.  We know that if we're gonna do it, now is the time.  What kind of bothers me is that their posted price is 9885.00.  I knew about the discount because of a flyer that they sent out (I think it's a State Fair Special).  But even then, after seeing some of the prices that some here have paid, it makes me wonder.  I know Coppycat got a deal that I'll never see, but even others who were still up to 1000.00 cheaper than my dealers price.  I'll let you know what we decide.
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 08:53:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42