What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thinking outside the box  (Read 2943 times)

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
Thinking outside the box
« on: August 27, 2005, 10:08:51 am »
Yeah, I hate that phrase too, but it seems to fit!

1 month into our new Vanguard and really don't have too much negative to say.  One thing is that I wish they had more leg/calf jets.  But otherwise a great spa!  

Maybe it was just me, but for the first few days I was "confining" myself to sitting in the seats as they were designed.  Once I start thinking "outside the box" I found that the barrier free seating allows a whole host of different seating positons.  For example:  If I sit in the moto-massage seat and treat it more like a lounge, (with my feet toward the filters) the motomassage feels great on my lats and shoulder and I can use the one big footwell jet on my left calf.  I've found that there are a number of different ways to arange myself other than sitting in the seats "normally"  ;)

Another suggestion I found elswhere on this board was to premeasure your chemicals into 35 mm film canisters so when you get out, you simply dump one in.  I've also found that baby food jars work great for the same purpose and will accomodate my MPS shock treatments too.  I premeasure and label a bunch of "after use" and "Shock" jars so now I just open em up and let em rip!

« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 01:52:52 pm by mxw128 »

Hot Tub Forum

Thinking outside the box
« on: August 27, 2005, 10:08:51 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Thinking outside the box
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 10:50:49 am »
Good stuff!

I had a tip offered by one of my customers: she said she put her cell phone into a ziplock bag.

I asker her if she had ever dropped it into the tub while it was in the bag and she said, "Tub? No no. I use the bag to keep it dry while I put it in the 'fridge so it can't BOTHER me while I'm in the tub."

Older lady, she couldn't find the 'off' button....
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

stressed-out-teach

• Vanguard '05-
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 10:53:37 am »
Great tip on the film canisters!!  My Vanguard will be delivered Tuesday.  I'm already a little nervous about the whole chemical thing, having them premeasured will help!!

hbcpa

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 11:18:35 am »
We have had our Vanguard since April and love it. Use it just about every night. Sleep like babies. As far as chemicals I have done exactly what my dealer told me. Use about 3/4 tsp of dichlor per person after use, check ph about every other week and clean filters monthly(hose off with water nothing else). The only problem we have had is detergent from bathing suits. This causes foam. All we have done is put in 3 tbp of dichlor and run pumps until they shut off in 2 hours. Other than that the tubs are supposed to be easy to use and maintain. The only tub maintenance products my dealer sells are dichlor, n2 (for hot spring) and ph test kits. As far as cover care all we use is a 50/50 mix of water and murphy's green soap oil sprayed on once a month.

Hope you enjoy your new Vanguard. Try not to freak out on hte chemicals

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 09:20:56 pm »
I found that the barrier free seating allows a whole host of different seating positons.  

Barrier free seating was one feature my wife insisted on and you are both right.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 08:37:55 am »
Interesting thread at the start.

I found myself feeling too confined in many models with what I call "overmolded" seating, where you have a seat edge jabbing you if you don't sit as it was designed.

I personally like to adjust my seating position to have jets hit areas where I may have a knotted muscle, etc with less concentration on other areas.

With many of the more popular models, I couldn't do this, and like a more open plan.  Also, I have too many barriers and obsticles in my day to worry about them once I am home, relaxed, and in my tub.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 09:55:34 am by orlandoguy »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2005, 09:45:24 am »
Sundance incorporates this into the design of some of their spas calling them pivot seats.  In my Optima there are two seats that you can lounge comfortably in.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2005, 09:45:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42