What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: first time drain and refill    (Read 2460 times)

vwbuff

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
first time drain and refill  
« on: August 26, 2005, 10:10:38 pm »
We have had the Artesian Emerald for almost 3 months now.  We didn't follow Chas advice on draining after the first month.  Only one time have we had one day of cloudy water because of low ph and alk.  Also, have had foam just a little bit because I believe it's our suits.  When talking to the dealer today she said that to lower your Alk to use baking soda which I have heard you guys talk about.  Also,  she said to lower ph to use baking soda as well.  have jets running to lower ph but have them off tolower alk.  Any of you ever hear of this.  Also,  when talking about cleaning inside of tub,  did i understand correctly to use Windex on the inside of it?  Sure are happy with the Emerald--not one problem yet!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

first time drain and refill  
« on: August 26, 2005, 10:10:38 pm »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: first time drain and refill  
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 09:16:25 am »
We have had the Artesian Emerald for almost 3 months now.  We didn't follow Chas advice on draining after the first month.  Only one time have we had one day of cloudy water because of low ph and alk.  Also, have had foam just a little bit because I believe it's our suits.  When talking to the dealer today she said that to lower your Alk to use baking soda which I have heard you guys talk about.  Also,  she said to lower ph to use baking soda as well.  have jets running to lower ph but have them off tolower alk.  Any of you ever hear of this.  Also,  when talking about cleaning inside of tub,  did i understand correctly to use Windex on the inside of it?  Sure are happy with the Emerald--not one problem yet!!!!

Baking Soda will raise TA and pH.

You would use dry acid to lower both. Sounds like you got your dealers instructions mixed up. I would call back to confirm. If they confirm, get a second opinion.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 11:15:15 am »
Baking Soda will raise TA and pH.

You would use dry acid to lower both. Sounds like you got your dealers instructions mixed up. I would call back to confirm. If they confirm, get a second opinion.

Here's your second opinion - baking soda raises alkalinity and PH.

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 12:43:45 pm »
That's what I was told too..Baking Soda Raises alk..get some ph decreaser to lower your PH.

vwbuff

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 06:22:44 pm »
thanks guys---exactly what she said --use baking soda to lower ph and ta--she even watched me write it down on a piece of paper--------sure appreciate all of you setting me straight---thanks again

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 06:22:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42