What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover Mate III vs Cover Valet  (Read 6480 times)

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
Cover Mate III vs Cover Valet
« on: August 18, 2005, 05:35:52 pm »
I'm looking to get a cover lifter, and as I intend to sink the tub in the deck about 20", need a cover lifter that mounts near the top rather then at the bottom. These two fit that criteria, but I was wondering if any one had opinions, or experience with either. Also how do these mount. Do they screw into the side of the frame, must be as I can't see drilling into the tub itself. Are there any real differences between the two or are they pretty much apples to apples. If it matters I'll be mounting it on a Piper Glen.

Hot Tub Forum

Cover Mate III vs Cover Valet
« on: August 18, 2005, 05:35:52 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Cover Mate III vs Cover Valet
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 06:28:54 pm »
Bob,

I have the Cayman and have the CM 3. It works great! I believe the Platinum series has a thicker cover (6" - 4") but it should work nicely too.

It mounts under the lip of the acrylic shell and mounts into the top wood beam. I fastened it without using all the screws - just the top row and it's solid as a rock on the tub. It comes with easy to follow instructions and I put it on myself.

It has gas struts to help you lift the cover and a wind lock in case you need it. I haven't used the wind lock yet. It provides privacy and the cover will stand about 4' above the tub ( cover folded in half). I don't have any problems with it's close proximity to the tub being that high - if installed correctly - it really isn't in the way.

The ONLY concern with the Piper Glen and it's not a big deal IMO is that IF you need to access the pumps you'll have to remove the lifter assembly from the tub to access the area, but this is true of any lifter I would imagine. I have the lifter assembly going across the front of the tub and I don't plan on removing it too often.

I can't compare it to the other lifter as I've only seen this in action.

Vinny

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 09:15:53 pm »
Well, IMO the Cover Valet doesn't hold a candle...

The Cover Valet seems to put more upright tension on the center seam of the cover in the closed position (However you can lock it down if you remember) and I've seen the connection at the joint of the center seam break apart hitting people in the face and head!

The CM3 being a solid corner vs a joint holds up much better.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 11:22:00 pm »
 I sell both brands. But, most of our sales are in the Covermate 3's. In some applications, like with deck mounting situations, we have to use the Cover Valet. If you do go with the Valet, request the heavier shock. Valet makes a heavier shock for 90" or larger spas. Every one of our Piper Glens go out the door with a Covermate 3. It fits real well on the Piper. Screw the lifter frame into the cabinet, about 1" below the bottom of the acrylic shell, 3 1/2"-4"  in from the edge of the shell. The lifter has almost become a standard feature these days, it really makes the job easy for you and your family and protects the spa cover too. Enjoy. Dave.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005, 11:22:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42