What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: After 10 months of searching, the winner is...  (Read 3987 times)

TTyacke

• Marquis Epic Owner
After 10 months of searching, the winner is...
« on: August 16, 2005, 06:21:33 pm »
It looks like we are going to purchase the Hot Springs Vanguard tomorrow, unless somebody can talk me out of it.  Our first choice was the Arctic Tundra, but could not fit it into our $10,000 budget, and also looked at the Jacuzzi Premium J-365 (only 1 local dealer concerned me).  I am not real thrilled with the price on the Vanguard ($9,050 + tax), but it includes all the upgrades but steps and SpAudio.  The local HS dealer is great and I can't argue with their track record.  Hopefully making the right decision.

Hot Tub Forum

After 10 months of searching, the winner is...
« on: August 16, 2005, 06:21:33 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: After 10 months of searching, the winner is...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 06:33:09 pm »
Congratulations!!!  You are getting an excellent spa at a fair price.  You'll be able to enjoy it, hassle free, for the next 20 years or so.  Enjoy! ;D

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 07:14:34 pm »
Congrats.

Arctic, Jacuzzi and Hot Springs are all good products so you'd do fine with any of them. People routinely start to look at spas with a certain budget in mind and then find they end up spending more than they planned to get what they truly want (you don't want to settle for less and then look to upgrade 2 years from now). Remember, it needs to last a very long time so it pays to buy a high quality spa and Hot Springs certainly qualifies.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

mark 2550

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 07:27:41 pm »
What upgrades are we talking about ?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 07:28:26 pm by mark_2550 »

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 08:37:08 pm »
TT, Have you thought about not getting the Spaudio?  There are some other threads on this board that discuss its value, but I was just wondering if you have listened to it?  I don't know where you are located, but you might (should?) be able to get it for quite a bit less w/o the spaudio installed.  Anyway, just a thought.  

(BTW: Congrats!, it's a great tub.  I just got mine a week ago Friday.  So far we love it!)

drprwnap

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 09:32:21 pm »
Congrats on the Vanguard.  This is the tub we almost bought until we tried the Epic.  HS makes a great product, IMO. We just happen to find one that fit US better.  Hope you enjoy the spa and have many happy, trouble free soaking years!

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 10:19:57 pm »
Congrats, I remember going through all the research, wait until it is in your backyard, you will not regret one moment of your search.

I am bias a bit, I have the arctic tundra and I love it more than anything.  It was alot out of my budget, but as many people told me on this forum, spend a little more now and you wont regret it later.  

Hot spring make a great tub, dont cut corners now, you will be happy down the road trust me.

welcome to the family

TTyacke

• Marquis Epic Owner
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 10:45:22 pm »
The Vanguard we are ordering does not have the SpAudio or steps.  It has the cover, coverlifter, ever fresh system, ect.  The Marquis Epic is probably one of the only spas we have not seen yet, and they are manufactured just an hour and 1/2 from our house.  I was a little concerned with their warranty, but I have heard they are a good tub.

Ritz

• Vanguard 2004
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 08:46:58 am »
I bought my Vanguard in April and we're still in it nearly every night.  I'm sure it'll cost more in the winter - but so far I haven't noticed it in my electric or water bills..

FYI - the dealer here in Northern Ohio lists the 2005 Vanguard at 9400.... and I don't know if it includes ozone or cover lifter...

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 11:36:46 am »
Hi Ritz where are you from in Ohio I bought my Envoy from Jobrite spas in Akron and I live in Wooster

cappykat

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2005, 11:45:06 am »
ttyake...why do you say you're concerned with Marquis' warranty?  It's virtually one of the most simple we've seen.  No limitations, no exclusions...and it's transferable.  Pretty simple.

I don't know where you live, but we got a price of $7495 for the Vanguard with everything EXCEPT the spaaudio.

Just IMO...if you haven't looked at the Marquis line it might be worth it.  We bought the Epic with everything including their audio system for .  Since the Marquis is manufactured so close you ought to get a great deal.

Either way, you can't go wrong.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:23:59 am by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

hymbaw

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2005, 12:44:37 pm »
Do you have a Sundance Dealer in your area? Did you visit them? I used to sell HS and agree with all the glowing reviews above. However, IMHO I think that currently the 880 Series Sundance tubs are giving more bang for that kind of buck.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

TTyacke

• Marquis Epic Owner
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2005, 01:29:46 pm »
I am going to look at the Marquis this morning, just in case.  From what I remember their warranty period for parts and labor was only 3 years, which is what I was concerned about.  Also, I looked at the Sundance line a few months ago and was not overly impressed (could not get anyone to answer my questions), but I may look at them after Marquis.  Still planning on purchasing the Vanguard this afternoon, unless I am blown away by one of the others.

cappykat

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2005, 03:07:34 pm »
Marquis' warranty is 7 years exterior and interior surfaces, structure, and plumbing.  Major components and systems, such as pumps, heaters, and solid-state electronics are 5 years.  They warranty all factory installed parts for 3 years.  That includes lights, cover, fuses, EVERYTHING.  Many others only warranty those for 1 year.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 03:13:42 pm by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

hair

• artesian gives lust, jealousy gives regret
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2005, 04:47:04 pm »
did you wet test an artesian platinum series?  you could get a piper glenn or dove canyon below 10K.  i have the dove canyon and love it!  go to artesianspas.com.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2005, 04:47:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42