What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: heaters  (Read 1961 times)

brickman

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
heaters
« on: August 15, 2005, 10:24:21 pm »
   new at all of this just wandering if anyone has ever heard of the "original heat exchanger spapack". this thing supposedly heats the fill water via a heat exchanger wrapped around the motor. does this sound legitiment? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Hot Tub Forum

heaters
« on: August 15, 2005, 10:24:21 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: heaters
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 11:00:16 pm »
I think Vita used that and maybe still does along with the heater. I saw it on the circ pump I believe, the idea being your heating the water while drawing heat away from the pump.

I guess it works as long as the heat transfer can be made (metal to metal) efficiently - it would be essentially a water cooled motor. The only problem could be it could heat the water too much as what happens to water temps in the summer with the other pumps running.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 04:32:36 pm »
Softubs heat exclusively on this premise.

Over heating is not much of an issue. Maintaining heat in the winter can be an issue if you like to soak for longer than 20 minutes.

Another issue with this design is the cost of repairing or replacing parts on this type of pump. If motor burns out, or you need a new wet end components....complete new pump/motor. OUCH
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 04:32:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42