What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tipping??????????????  (Read 4701 times)

Lablover2004

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Tipping??????????????
« on: August 13, 2005, 12:07:30 pm »
Okay all you spa afficionado's out there,

Here is another question. our spa is being delivered today in the afternoon, do you tip the guys who deliver it and set it up???????????????? I know we are paying for delivery but please let me know I don't want to be rude.

Thanks again for your information,

Lablover

Hot Tub Forum

Tipping??????????????
« on: August 13, 2005, 12:07:30 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Tipping??????????????
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 12:10:53 pm »
Yes.  No.  Maybe.   Searches the arhives for tipping over the past year, this comes up frequently.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 12:25:00 pm »
I didn't offer a money tip but I did offer cold bottled water. I also helped them somewhat when I saw the tub leaning one way or the other.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 12:29:43 pm »
Our delivery guys rarely get tips, nor do they expect it.  I will tell you that when someone is considerate enough to tip them, they will jump through hoops to make sure you are well taken care of.

I can't speak for everyone, but our delivery guys make very good money.  They work extremely hard to provide excellent service.  When they do receive a little "thank you" from the customer, it is appreciated.

If your delivery crew does not do an exceptional job, then you sure shouldn't feel obligated to tip.  I wouldn't.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 01:20:11 pm »
I wouldn't tip, but if it was a warm day, I'd certainly offer a bottle of water, soda, or something.
Brewman
Brewman

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2005, 02:12:46 pm »
I agree on the cold drink offer, especially when guys are delivering in the midday sun.

I tipped the electrician because he cancelled other appointments to get me up and running on delivery day.

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2005, 02:31:20 pm »
I never thought about tipping until I had read about it here.  Since I wasn't sure I asked my dealer before delivery if it was cusomtary to tip the delivery guys.  He told me no that they were employees and it was not expected nor encouraged.  When in doubt just ask.

Congratulations on the new spa, Lablover, I know you will love it!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 02:32:24 pm by jnolan »

rubiconruby

• id rather be happy then right
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2005, 08:56:14 pm »
i tipped my delivery guys. it was a hot humid ny day and they worked hard. had to get the tub in an opening that was just a hair bigger then the tub on top of that they had to go up the stairs to the deck andthey did it all quickly and professionally. i fugiured it was the least i could do. i offered drinks but they refused. this way they could get their own.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2005, 09:24:49 pm »
The only tip I gave my delivery crew was,  "Get  a job that you are qualified for, because you sure aren't qualfied for this one."

I think they were brothers, Lary and Darryl, there other brother Darryl had the day off.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 09:25:49 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

cappykat

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2005, 12:16:17 am »
I'll be glad to offer drinks, even food but I don't plan on tipping.  This is part of the service and it's been paid for in your package price...IMO.

2005 Marquis Epic

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 02:10:03 pm »
Didn't tip my crew (of course it was a hubby and wife team) but...just the conversation and me and hubby helping where we could with the setup..was thanks enough for them. oh and btw..it was Raining that day and I couldn't WAIT to get in the tub!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2005, 05:05:08 pm »
I tipped.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2005, 05:12:16 pm »
After leaving Tampa at 3:00 a.m., driving 200+ miles, setting the spa on my deck 8' off the ground using a forklift that they supplied without incident on a cloudless 96 degree morning in July, I tipped the 2 delivery guys a C-note and kept them in ice water while they were there.  They took every bit of trash and did a great job.  Did I feel obligated....no....did I appreciate the job they did....yes.  To each his own.......
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

cappykat

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2005, 05:24:11 pm »
After reading this again....I may have had a change of mind.  At least I wouldn't say a definite "No".  It will depend on the delivery and how it goes.  
2005 Marquis Epic

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2005, 05:36:29 pm »
After reading this again....I may have had a change of mind.  At least I wouldn't say a definite "No".  It will depend on the delivery and how it goes.  

My advice is to tip when it seems that they've treated the spa as if they were moving it into their own backyard!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2005, 05:36:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42