What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is this a deal????  (Read 2995 times)

kel444

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Is this a deal????
« on: August 09, 2005, 09:20:54 pm »
Hi All...
Looking for some input here...Tonight we wet tested a Marquis Spa and here is the cost package....Is it a good deal or not?
$7495.00 to include the following :
Reward Hot tub
factory rebate: 200.00
spa delivery 300.00
Marquis cover lifter 229.00
Marquis cedar steps: 129.00
Complete chemical Kit: 139.00 (Includes spa mitts, test strips, anti foam, pH decrease, pH increase, Alkalinity increaser, bromine canister, mineral canister, filter cleaner and degreaser, water clarifier, 303 spa cover cleaner)
First set of replacement cartridgers: 89.90
Home demonstration: 79.00

So what are your thoughts?
Thanks for your input...greatly appreciated!
Lor

Hot Tub Forum

Is this a deal????
« on: August 09, 2005, 09:20:54 pm »

mark 2550

Re: Is this a deal????
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 09:53:02 pm »
Sound's about right but go to the top of the page and hit search put your manufacture and tub name in the box scroll down add a few hundred day's and post's to be reviewed and read some older post and see what other's are paying in their area, you might also try in the review section to see if this tub has been judged by other's

If the tub is in your price range and you like the dealer and you love everything about it then yes it's a good deal what other models have you wet tested ?

tootall

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 01:03:53 am »
300 for delivery?
my dealer tossed in steps cover lift and starter kit plus the sound system for nothing and free deliv and set up.  better talk with him the marquis brand is great but there isa wiggle room on those things.

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 07:54:50 am »
Don't look at the itemized list. look at the total price of $7495.  Dealers always show the price of what they are throwing in for "FREE".  Towels $55, robes $135 etc.

Check out a few posts then be happy with what you got, or don't check any posts and be very happy with what you got.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 08:29:25 am »
There is no free.  Included would be more accurate.  Unless the dealer got that stuff for free, and didn't have to pay his crew or the cost of having a delivery vehicle, they have to cover those expenses somehow.
Just like that free warranty.  You're paying for that too.

Much like free shipping on an internet or mail order.  If the person shipping had to pay the shipper, it wasn't free.  Special promotions not withstanding.
Brewman
Brewman

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 08:33:48 am »
There is no free.  Included would be more accurate.  Unless the dealer got that stuff for free, and didn't have to pay his crew or the cost of having a delivery vehicle, they have to cover those expenses somehow.
 Just like that free warranty.  You're paying for that too.

Much like free shipping on an internet or mail order.  If the person shipping had to pay the shipper, it wasn't free.  Special promotions not withstanding.
Brewman

This was the way I should have expressed my point.  I didn't mean FREE i meant "FREE" as in "included" in total price.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

cappykat

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 10:31:56 am »
We got a quote of $7500 on the Reward and that included everything you've mentioned plus stereo and remote.

Are you looking at the Reward or the SA Reward?  The SA Reward should be a bit lower.
2005 Marquis Epic

tootall

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 12:49:54 am »
Yes let me reply yes nothing is free it looks better when you see one price and not a Itemized list. Yes I know delivery is tossed in to the cost as well as this or that.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 12:49:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42