What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Coleman Vs. Artesian Pricing  (Read 4546 times)

Interplayfun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Coleman Vs. Artesian Pricing
« on: August 06, 2005, 07:04:37 pm »
 :-/  . . . Well . . . we are finally on the verge of a decision.  We narrowed down to a Coleman 461(Deluxe. . . 26 jets/2pumps 2hp each 2 sp), or an Artesian Saba (38 jet version/2 pumps 4.8 hp each 2 sp for 1, 1 spd for the other).  Prices offered as follows:

Coleman 461 with cover, cover lifter, Clean zone ozonator, chemicals, steps, delivery . . . with tax out the door = $7,680.34

Artesian Saba with cover, cover lifter, ozonator, chemicals, steps, delivery . . . with tax out the door = $6900.93.

Opinions are much appreciated.  Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Coleman Vs. Artesian Pricing
« on: August 06, 2005, 07:04:37 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Coleman Vs. Artesian Pricing
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 07:34:20 pm »
I own the Artesian Grand Cayman and think it's a great spa! Nice and powerful when you want it and it can be turned down if need be.

Where are you located? And what is you sales tax %?I'm asking because the price seems a little high. I'm in NJ and my dealer is selling my tub without tax for $6800 with 56 jets, 3 pumps, ozone, cover and SS rings on jets. But every area is different and the price of petroleum is going through the roof so it's possible that's a good (or great) price!

Did you look at the Captiva? The Saba is a new tub for 2005 and maybe it's carrying a premium price tag.

One thing to think about and I'm talking from experience - it looks like the Saba (and I think Coleman has them too) has neck collar seats. Did you wet test as I didn't and they fit fine dry but the wet feel is totally different. I'm 6' with a long torso (I guess) and I can get a back massage or a neck message but not both at the same time.

Other than that Artesian makes great spa IMO!

I hope this helps and good luck on your decision!

Interplayfun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 11:10:42 pm »
Thanks, Vinny . . . I'm in Northern California . . . tax is 8.25% here.  I'm also 6 ft . . . and we did wet test the Saba.  I had the same experience as you . . . e.g. a bit of difficulty getting the neck jets right . . . but everything else was good.  The only other critique we had was the floor well space.  We have 2 kids 10 & 12 and when the four of us were in the tub together it was a little tight in the foot well.  Otherwise, we were pretty impressed.  Not sure how price compares with the tub you bought though.  Bottom line for us:  space is a big issue.  The Saba is the the biggest tub we can accomodate for sure.  

Thanks,

hair

• artesian gives lust, jealousy gives regret
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 08:38:02 am »
hey fun,  vinny's right price sounds high.  i bought mine out of state 50 miles away and saved on the tax.  also with my herniated disc i asked my doc for a script for a tub.  he complied, better than pain pills.  you can claim that on your taxes and save more $.  
if your gonna have 4 people in the saba, with two 10 & 12 yr. old kids.  your gonna be very crowded.
i don't know how close you are to the border, but you might try buying out of state.  as long as dealer is still in tech. range.  
i too wanted a big tub, i wet tested the grand cayman, great tub in the island series.  round here you can get one for bout 6,500.  don't rush into this it's a lot of $.  you will have this tub for years.  
also sometimes artesian does a rebate promotion.  
i also understand everything is more expensive in ca. but your a lot closer to the manufacturing plant than i am.  i'm in pa.  i think their still making them in ca.  darn that's just not right.

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 08:09:15 pm »
:-/  . . . Well . . . we are finally on the verge of a decision.  We narrowed down to a Coleman 461(Deluxe. . . 26 jets/2pumps 2hp each 2 sp), or an Artesian Saba (38 jet version/2 pumps 4.8 hp each 2 sp for 1, 1 spd for the other).  Prices offered as follows:

Coleman 461 with cover, cover lifter, Clean zone ozonator, chemicals, steps, delivery . . . with tax out the door = $7,680.34

Artesian Saba with cover, cover lifter, ozonator, chemicals, steps, delivery . . . with tax out the door = $6900.93.

Opinions are much appreciated.  Thanks

Fun:

I bought the Coleman 461 Deluxe it's an awesome tub!! My price was 57.00 without steps (hubby built me some) or ozonator. So your price is probably about right with the two don't know. Each dealer is different in prices though, I bought mine from the Coleman Dealer in Billings so..I can't really tell if your price is about right.

Hope your decision is as easy as mine! Have fun deciding!

BP

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 03:53:17 pm »
You need to test the Coleman. With your height and the fact that you have two kids that are still growing, I'm not sure the 461 will be a good fit for all of you at the same time.

I consider the 461 a good spa for three adults. Perhaps you should look at  the Coleman 471. It's a six person spa that measures 88" x 88". I know space is an issue but it's only 10 inches bigger than the 461

I think the price quoted was a bit too high for the 461 deluxe. We retail that spa for 6799.00 before any discounting. That includes delivery and chems and ozone and cover and covermate cover lifter.

But as backpains said every dealer if different and they pay different prices based on volume. You also have different shipping rates around the country as well.

Can you wet test the 461 or the 471 at the Coleman dealer? Good luck on your quest and keep us posted.

Spahappy :D

Interplayfun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 04:44:34 pm »
Hey Happy:  

We actually did wet test the 471 and sat in the 461 dry.  Like the feel and my wife liked the lounge.  The price seems out of line to me & others seem to confirm this.  In addition, confidence in the dealer is low.  Didn't seem particularly interested in our business, wouldn't even consider filling the 461 and having us come back later for a wet test, etc.  Net/Net . . . we won't be getting the Coleman.  

We also wet tested the tiger river Bengal, which also has a lounge.  It's really too large for the space we have (would require narrowing a walkway from 4 feet to 3.5ft . . . a bit of a tight squeeze.  But, hey, my wife really liked it.  I want to wet test the Artesian Ruby if we are going larger with a lounge.  This spa is a bit smaller than the Bengal . . .  

Onward with wet tests and meeting the dealers.

thanks for feedback

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 04:44:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42