What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: wet test question/ dealer  (Read 6960 times)

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
Re: wet test question/ dealer
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 04:41:54 pm »
Hats off to spahappy and east texas!!  Your before sale efforts would lead customers think your after sale service would be top notch as well. I bet your customer service is great.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 04:41:54 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2005, 05:01:05 pm »
Hats off to spahappy and east texas!!  Your before sale efforts would lead customers think your after sale service would be top notch as well. I bet your customer service is great.

Thank you so much for saying that.  I'm sure that spahappy would appreciate that compliment as well.

We do strive to take care of our customers as they are our front line sales force.  We do not nickel and dime them to death.  As a result, we've never had a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in 20 years.  A happy customer generates many more customers.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2005, 05:05:24 pm »
Lets not forget that along with the extra electricity and water costs, are the extra hours involved with wet testing. Most customers are working from 9 to 5, so evening appointments are a way of life for us. So are weekends (Sunday in my case)

This is what we do, and I've lost very few spa deals by going the extra mile to make sure my customers have the spa that fits everyone in the family.

If after a round of wet testing the customer tells me they just fit better in brand-x, then I'll be the first one to tell them thats the sps for you.

The worst call a dealer can get is the morning after the whole family sits in the new tub for the first time together and it doesn't fit. Or the jet pressure isn't what we thought. Or it's too big or not big enough ect.

Taking the extra time and expence and pushing wet tests, makes happy customers, better dealer/customer relationships (breaks down a lot of barriers when I've seen you in a swimming suit, lol) and reduces buyer remorse.

I agree, it's the cost of the business we're in.  And I think it's necessary to stay in business.

I agree spahappy...and I do understand that you can't have 40 different tubs in the showroom it's just not pratical. Not one dealer I've talked to has enough room in their showroom for that. I also realize that sometimes you dealers go out of your way to insure a wet test goes off without a hitch and not get the sale, it's a hard quarter to swallow this is just something that happens. Most reasonable consumers do not expect to walk into a showroom and look at exactly what they want to buy, but....and this is a small exception, why wouldn't a dealer of brand x actually have one of at least a small hot tub in the showroom available to see?

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2005, 10:48:14 pm »
We had exactly the same problem.  We thought we wanted the sovereign then wet tested it and found out we did not want the lounge.  We ended up buying the vanguard (after wet testing it)  The Vanguard is deeper and has the motomassage DX in addition to the motomassage (the DX has 2 streams compared to one with the standard motomassage) The jets may feel similar between the two, but I would recommend a wet test of the vanguard if at all possible.  You can get a feel for wet seating comfort, "floating" tendancy and overall room and geometry.  (IMHO, these were more difficult to obtain in a dry test) My wife and I both wet tested all of the tubs we looked at and were able to get a feel for the "geometry" and room in the tub when we were both in.  Anyway.. my $.02...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2005, 10:48:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42