What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How soon after you put your chemicals in...  (Read 5558 times)

Rachel

• Four Winds Maverick I
How soon after you put your chemicals in...
« on: July 28, 2005, 05:16:27 pm »
can you take your first soak? I tested with an mps strip and everything looks about right...  I'm using Dichlor and Nature2

I hope I can get the hang of this! :)

Hot Tub Forum

How soon after you put your chemicals in...
« on: July 28, 2005, 05:16:27 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: How soon after you put your chemicals in...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 06:11:21 pm »
can you take your first soak? I tested with an mps strip and everything looks about right...  I'm using Dichlor and Nature2

I hope I can get the hang of this! :)

Hop in when it gets warm enough (I'd wait for the high 90's) but make sure you have a drink handy, a towel and the kids know to leave you alone cause you'll want to relax.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Rachel

• Four Winds Maverick I
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 06:17:19 pm »
Thanks!!

Wow, you read my mind! I was just asking hubby to buy some drinks on his way home from work so we can Christen our tub tonight!  Now the kids, well that will be interesting...they are going to want to go in as well.  I've got some very spoiled crazy kids who will manage to whine their way into the tub with us.  That's ok though. It will be neat to see them just as happy as us!

TrikkeAddict

• 2005 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 06:25:18 pm »
Rachel,

Am I understanding this correctly??  You got the spa and filled it last week but there was a problem with the electrical and you just actually got it running today???  And you're not dumping the water that was sitting with no circulation for a week???

If so, I'd probably want to put in lots of dichlor to kill anything that was growing for the past week and then wait for the dichlor level to get back to normal before actually using the tub.  

You mention testing MPS - did you also test for calcium hardness, TA and pH???

Susan

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 06:26:52 pm »
The tub is for the entire family, at least that's how it is in our house. I've talked to more than a few people who've bought spas and say the kids won't be allowed in or it's only for the parents, blah, blah, blah and I find that sad. Its a great place for a family get together. However, it sure is nice when the kids go to bed, especailly with that privacy fence I saw in your picture. ;)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Rachel

• Four Winds Maverick I
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 11:16:51 pm »
Rachel,

Am I understanding this correctly??  You got the spa and filled it last week but there was a problem with the electrical and you just actually got it running today???  And you're not dumping the water that was sitting with no circulation for a week???

If so, I'd probably want to put in lots of dichlor to kill anything that was growing for the past week and then wait for the dichlor level to get back to normal before actually using the tub.  

You mention testing MPS - did you also test for calcium hardness, TA and pH???

Susan

Can you tell me how to test for calcium hardness? The strips I have test the MPS, PH and alkalinity.  I tested the water prior to putting dichlor in and it tested normal.... I know I need to get some other things to adjust ph.  This is all new to me so any advice and or help is appreciated!

Rachel

Rachel

• Four Winds Maverick I
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 11:18:42 pm »
The tub is for the entire family, at least that's how it is in our house. I've talked to more than a few people who've bought spas and say the kids won't be allowed in or it's only for the parents, blah, blah, blah and I find that sad. Its a great place for a family get together. However, it sure is nice when the kids go to bed, especailly with that privacy fence I saw in your picture. ;)

I agree. :)
Yes we had the privacy fence put in around part of it.  There's still a small section that is open to the neighbors but they are kind of far back so hopefully they don't see too much!  :-[

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 11:53:50 pm »
There are test strips out now that test calcium hardness but the only true acurate test is with a test kit or a computerized system at the dealership. They should do that for free and you shouldn't need it more than when your in getting product.

Chris_H

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2005, 12:40:30 am »

15 Minutes...

Unless you added chlorine then a wait is necessary.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2005, 12:40:30 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42