What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet-Tested Hotspring Vanguard  (Read 3328 times)

Chris_H

Wet-Tested Hotspring Vanguard
« on: July 22, 2005, 11:40:12 am »
Hello All,

I test soaked a 2005 Hotspring Vanguard.  I wanted to test it because of the Moto-Massage DX because I am not a huge fan of the regular Moto-Massage.  I generally didn't like the massages in the spa, however the fit of the spa was exceptional because I did not float in any of the seats.  My personal opinion is that the therapy in a Sundance is better.  

Before I entered, I first turned on the jets and my first feeling was that I could not have both the Soothing Seven and the Hydro-massage jets on full blast at the same time.  This is disappointing to me because quite honestly I like to visually see performance and when the Soothing Seven is off in the Vanguard it looks as if an entire half of the spa is off.

As I enter the spa, I initially sit in the Soothing Seven seat.  I actually like the Soothing Seven because it doesn't pound my back like most other jets.  However, as I start sitting there I notice that the jets do not hit me in the same area of the back as a Grandee.  It is very noticeable difference.

I move to the Moto-Massage DX seat (the main reason I write this).  Depth wise, I am extremely comfortable in both Moto-Massage seats in the Vanguard, where as I am not comfortable in either of the Moto-Massage seats in the Grandee primarily due to the depth of the seats.  Unfortunately, I first notice, that the thing that moves up and down, does not move as aggressively as the original Moto-Massage.  I also don't feel the jet moving as far down as the original Moto-Massage.  I rate it a D.  Yep, a D.  It would have been an F if I floated.

I then move to the seat with 10 precision jets.  I get absolutely no therapy out of this seat, but I like how Hotspring offers a very large variety of massages in their spas.  

I move to the regular Moto-Massage seat.  I like it better than the other 3 seats I just sat in.  This seat I am expecting a good massage on my back and generally get it.  I start realizing this thing moving up and down has pretty much sold 600,000 + spas.  It is amazing because the jet is just a controlled fire hose.  It does feel good and the moto-massage is starting to grow on me.

I move to the Hydro-Massage jets.  I like jets that rotate so before I entered the spa I removed a rotating jet from a Sovereign so I can use it in the bottom jet.  I wish Hotspring offered these jets in one of the deeper seats.  These jets give a good massage and I would recommend any purchaser of a Hotspring to spend the $20 bucks on an extra rotating jet.

Remember these are only one person's opinions.

Hot Tub Forum

Wet-Tested Hotspring Vanguard
« on: July 22, 2005, 11:40:12 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Wet-Tested Hotspring Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 11:45:10 am »
The vanguard also has more of a scultped seat than some other spas, I belive they have arm rests formed in the tub. For me, (I'm not a big guy at 5'6")  it felt like the tub was too big for me, but I could easliy see how this set up would be perfect for others.

Wet test. wet test wet test.  :)
07 Caldera Geneva

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 01:36:59 pm »
I will check into the extra rotating jet. Aside from the moto the rotating jets are my favorite.

The soothing seven feels like nothing to me.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 01:50:49 pm »
Not for nothing, but I would also consider the Majesta by Sundance. That seems to be a great midsized spa for our customers.

hottubber... ;D

Chris_H

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 01:54:02 pm »
Not for nothing, but I would also consider the Majesta by Sundance. That seems to be a great midsized spa for our customers.

hottubber... ;D

Not looking for a hottub.  Just like wasting dealer's time...

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
;DRe: Wet-Tested Hotspring Vanguard
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 02:34:40 pm »
If you think you're wasting our time, think again. We live for this site.

hottubber... :P

only joking... ;D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 02:35:12 pm by hottubber »

Hot Tub Forum

;DRe: Wet-Tested Hotspring Vanguard
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 02:34:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42