What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ok ready to fill tub need answers...  (Read 1855 times)

Rachel

• Four Winds Maverick I
Ok ready to fill tub need answers...
« on: July 15, 2005, 01:21:29 pm »
Hi,

We are new hot tub owners and our expansion deck is being built around the hot tub.  The builder said it needs to be filled tonight because he's wiring it tomorrow.  Do I just fill it with regular water and then start treating it??  My dealer gave me baqua spa but after reading all the negativity I'm going to go return it and get some dichlor. What else do I need??  Thanks!

Rachel

Hot Tub Forum

Ok ready to fill tub need answers...
« on: July 15, 2005, 01:21:29 pm »

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
Re: Ok ready to fill tub need answers...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 01:51:35 pm »
Fill the tub with water from your garden hose.  If you have it a pre-filter that fits on the hose would be good.  Your dealer should have one.  Take a sample of the water with you to the dealer and ask for a recommendation for how to get it right.

You will want your total alkalinity to be around 140-150 ppm, pH 7.4 - 7.8.  3-5 ppm for dichlor.  The amount of chemical to add to reach these levels depends on the water you start with and the capacity of your tub.  That should be about it.  If you have time go to www.rhtubs.com and get the water treatment outline from the Vermonter.  It will outline the whole deal very well.  

BTW, your dealer may put the big press on you to use the BaquaSpa instead of dichlor.  Decline politely but firmly.

Regards,

Bill
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 02:00:05 pm by Bill_Stevenson »

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 02:06:28 pm »
Being a rookie and I do mean rookie ......................I began filling my tub through the filters,then added some uh I don't know the name,  its for the metals about 3 ozs. I told you rookie ;) Let it fill looked great turned on the pumps added 2tspns chlorine  let it run,  that was it,............ still have a foam issue but am waiting on the hardness tester to come in . I beleive thats the prob.

Gary

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 04:39:39 pm »
Whatever dealer you get your supplies from can help set you up.  Take them a sample of your water- they might test it and recommend what other products you'd need.
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 04:39:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42