What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just got back from vacation...looking for info on  (Read 2454 times)

Diana

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Just got back from vacation...looking for info on
« on: July 09, 2005, 02:49:35 am »
I am an absolute novice at this subject. Before I even begin looking for a hot tub I thought I'd ask the most important question to me:
Is it possible to get jet action like you can in a spa or a hotel? REALY super strong jets? More then anything else, that is important to me. The few I have lazed in with friends have been very whimpy in that respect. I have never before been interested until I got thoroughly slammed by one at a hotel last night. It was very deep in the message of these strong pulsing jets...very nearly took my husbands trunks off too!  :-[
If we could find one for home that was this great in deep muscle message we just might go for it!
Thanks!
Diana

Hot Tub Forum

Just got back from vacation...looking for info on
« on: July 09, 2005, 02:49:35 am »

Cola

• Time for bed kids
Re: Just got back from vacation...looking for info
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 06:23:20 am »
Look around and your local dealers and wet test.  Make sure the air injectors are on when you test, it creates a feel of a much higher pressure.  After you found something you like, come back and ask for opinions on quality, etc.
Steve
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 06:24:28 am by cola »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 07:26:43 am »
Is it possible to get jet action like you can in a spa or a hotel? REALY super strong jets?
Thanks!
Diana

Usually I find hotel spas to be on the wimpy side. If you want strong jets I know there are several. This is something I wanted too. You can overdue and make yourself uncomfortable. But its nice to have all the power you need when you want it.  In many tubs moving the diverters and shutting down jets on some seats really conectrate the power of the jets in  one area. This is something I do all the time in my Dynasty Excalibur 4000.  Where do you call home?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 08:29:08 am »
I agree with Cola and Bill - it's nice to have strong jets but they can be uncomfortable after a while. As Cola said the air injectors do give the jets more "pressure". but it's nice to dial the air down or off to get a gentler message when you want it.

A commercial tub IS a lot different than a home hot tub. I'm a newbie and my only experience before owning one was a commercial one - nice but definitely not the same!

newbe

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 09:07:00 am »
I have even bought an entry level tub (The cheapest Sundance "DEl SOl")and we have to turn down the jets because they push you out of the seat.
Feels great though.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 10:41:21 am »
You should look for all available brands and all available dealers and get in some tubs wet!  Wet testing is the only way (in my opinion) to know if the jets are strong enough (or too strong) for you and your family!  And everyone is different in there likes and dislikes of different brands and different models!!

Wet test, it is truly key in your decision process!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

autoplay

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 10:47:49 am »
I own a 2003 Caldera Geneva Utopia. It has more than ample power,and as Bill said,you can adjust the diverters to suit your needs. I would look at Sundance,Hot-Springs,Marquis,Caldera,D-1.

As Lori said,go wet test,and let that,and comfort with the dealer,be your guide.

GL :)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 10:49:43 am »
Wet test.

There are many jets from HotSpring and others who have good pressure and are very adjustable. Often that is more important in the long run than pure raw pressure.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2005, 12:57:18 pm »
I own a HS Vanguard and I know that HS brands some of its tubs with a HP symbol.

From the HS web site:

"This high-powered spa, delivers exceptional jet performance"

Other companys might do the same?

Diana

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 03:17:15 pm »
 :o Wow, you guys really know your stuff. I do feel very encouraged at the thought that some needed to turn the pressure down.
We appreciate all of your insight. Will find some dealers and take the plunge gladly!
Oh, wmccall, we are in Northern Va!
Will let you know what happens...may be a while. Home business backed up while I was away. Will be running to catch up til Sept...but we will test way before then! :)
Diana

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 03:17:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42