What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: electronic spa pack?  (Read 4189 times)

llco87

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
electronic spa pack?
« on: June 24, 2005, 01:31:37 am »
We are in the market to buy a hot tub. We have no idea of where to start or know anything about them.  :-/

Please help. ???

I was reading the pages and found this:

If you have your choice when buying a new hot tub or spa pack, go with the electronic spa pack. Parts are cheaper and much easier to repair.

My question is, what is the difference?

Hot Tub Forum

electronic spa pack?
« on: June 24, 2005, 01:31:37 am »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: electronic spa pack?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 07:07:37 am »
WET TEST!!!   ;D :D ;)
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

llco87

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 11:21:04 am »
I cannot believe that no one has replied to my post. I was hoping that someon would help us out by offering SOME kind of advisement on purchasing a new spa.  :'(

thanks guys.

bobhol

• delivery in 35 minutes......or its LATE!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 11:34:42 am »
I don,t believe you can buy anything except an electronic control system on any name brand tub. someone correct me if i am wrong on this. I spent at least 3 months everyday 'LURKING' on this site to get info on tubs and it was worth every minute. no one can tell you what tub to buy but you sure get an idea of which tubs to avoid and who is happy with what. it is an individual choice consisting of budget,wet test and dealer comfort level. spend the time reading and asking questions to get the best results. the people here are a wealth of info ,better than anywhere else for sure!!!  bobhol

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 12:11:20 pm »
I don,t believe you can buy anything except an electronic control system on any name brand tub. someone correct me if i am wrong on this.

There are a few very low end spas that don't have an electronic controls
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 12:27:59 pm »
Imprtant things to look for:

Name-brand tub
Company has been in business three times as long as the warranty.
Local dealer you can trust.
Features and benefits you want.
Warranty.
Wet test.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

nicker

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 04:01:33 pm »
I agree most good tub mfgs use electronic packs.  Now if I can recall correctly I think that Royal Spas used somthing else.  Now I also place Royal Spas in the garbage side of tubs.

Now D1 even gos 1 step further (at least I think they are the only one)  They have a display unit on the front of their Bay series tubs that can display if there is a problem and the dealer can even get a read out of the tub using a hand held device.   I thought that was very cool.    What next a tub that serves us our beverages while we soak?   Can I patent that ???

Lori

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 05:19:54 pm »
I cannot believe that no one has replied to my post. I was hoping that someon would help us out by offering SOME kind of advisement on purchasing a new spa.  :'(

thanks guys.

I guess my suggestion of wet testing on June 24th wasn't good enough?

Or maybe I should change my log on name to No One?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2005, 05:26:34 pm »

I guess my suggestion of wet testing on June 24th wasn't good enough?

Or maybe I should change my log on name to No One?

How many times do I have to tell you, stand up on your toes and wave when you want to be heard.  ;)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Lori

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2005, 08:27:44 pm »

How many times do I have to tell you, stand up on your toes and wave when you want to be heard.  ;)

I need a smiley with a hand waving!   ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 09:00:37 am »
We are in the market to buy a hot tub. We have no idea of where to start or know anything about them.  :-/

Please help. ???

I was reading the pages and found this:

If you have your choice when buying a new hot tub or spa pack, go with the electronic spa pack. Parts are cheaper and much easier to repair.

My question is, what is the difference?

To be honest, I'm not sure many people understood the question. "Go with an electronic Spa Pack"

WTF is an "electronic spa pack"?    ???   as mentioned in a previous reply, if you are talking about the electronic controls, then I think you'd be hard pressed NOT to find a spa with it. The only tubs that I think wouldn't have it  might be the wood fired tubs ?

If an "electronic spa pack" is something else, I'd hope some one here would enlighten us all.   :)

Given that,  I think people here can help you if you tell us a bit about what you are looking for: how many people would be using the tub? Is the tub more for therapy or entertaining? Is this an inside tub or outside? What part of the country (world) are you from? do you have any budget issues? what features have you seen that interest you? What features seem to confuse you? Do you have space or size restrictions?

And of course how many rubber ducks do you want?   ;)

A good place to start would be taking a look at any variety of the major brand tubs mentioned on this board and then perhaps comming back and sharing your thoughts and experience.     :D
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 10:01:10 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

fletch49

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 09:10:28 am »
Does anyone still have that picture of a bunch of red necks drinking beer and sitting in an old bathtub that is suspended over a huge fire?

If you do, post that picture...that might clear things up in terms of what would be considered a tub without an electronic spa pack.

or was that a personal picture of a party I had last winter?   Can't remember...must lay off the moonshine.

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 04:17:28 pm »

WTF is an "electronic spa pack"?    ???   as mentioned in a previous reply, if you are talking about the electronic controls, then I think you'd be hard pressed NOT to find a spa with it. The only tubs that I think wouldn't have it  might be the wood fired tubs ?

If an "electronic spa pack" is something else, I'd hope some one here would enlighten us all.   :)

My take on this is that what the poster is referring to is the "old" method for spa controls which is basically a timer clock, thermal switch and air activated pump switches.

The timer turned the "low" setting pump on for filtration based on it's clock setting, the thermal switch turned the pump and heater on when the water got cold and the air switches controlled the circulation pumps when activated by the user. I've seen such a tub in the last year, although it was not working.

Today's tubs use digital spa controllers where all control functions are routed through a board that controls inputs and outputs and makes decisions based on readings. All functions are integrated instead of seperate.

That's the difference the poster is asking.

(At least that's what I think he's (?) asking) :P

Drewski

8)
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 04:39:11 pm »
Does anyone still have that picture of a bunch of red necks drinking beer and sitting in an old bathtub that is suspended over a huge fire?

If you do, post that picture...that might clear things up in terms of what would be considered a tub without an electronic spa pack.

Ask and ye shall receive:

Drewski

:P
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 04:44:24 pm »
Um, is it a 'hot tub' if the water doesn't go past your, um, your, um, navel, yeah, that's it, navel!   ;D ;D

Well, I guess the water was hot, and it looks like a tub, or a large sink or something...

What a picture!  
--
Lee

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 04:44:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42