help
« on: July 06, 2005, 03:53:39 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 07:40:47 am »
Are there any chemicals left over by the landlord that they already use? Does it currently have water and power? What is the brand and model?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

awsdcnow

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 01:10:49 pm »
gatsby echo series, no chemicals or info,

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 01:22:24 pm »
the landlord didn't leave any instructions?

07 Caldera Geneva

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 01:35:16 pm »
Hm, are you *allowed* to use it?  I know when you rent a place from a management company (say at the Outer Banks, etc.), there's a special part of the contract and a special charge for hot tub/spa users, which pays for getting the spa set up/cleaned for you and then re-cleaned afterwards.

This may be a totally different situation, but I'd expect a place I rented with a spa to have it ready to go for me!  :)  In any case, if I were the owner, I'd hate to have Joe Blow fiddling with the tub if he didn't have a clue (not you, of course...).

BTW, the place we rent summers down at the beach with the hot tub (some brand X thing):  I once bought test strips to see how the water was, and the levels were about 10 times the Br that we had at home.  Guess they want to be sure things are dead and stay dead for the week!
--
Lee

shabba34

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 01:42:37 pm »
Hm, are you *allowed* to use it?  I know when you rent a place from a management company (say at the Outer Banks, etc.), there's a special part of the contract and a special charge for hot tub/spa users, which pays for getting the spa set up/cleaned for you and then re-cleaned afterwards.

I love the outer Banks... We Have a house down in Avon.  I'll be there on vacation the first week of August.
8)

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 02:00:17 pm »
You're smart to ask...too bad this guy didn't  :'(

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=86631&ran=233839

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 02:19:53 pm »
I love the outer Banks... We Have a house down in Avon.  I'll be there on vacation the first week of August.
 8)
Huh.  Where, exactly, because we stay at one in Avon, also. in September when the rates drop.  :) . Ocean front, pretty close to the Food Lion.

Getting a bit back on topic,  since we will have our own spa at home after this vacation, we may stay at a different place next year.  Hard to duplicate the well-maintained home spa with the brand-X one that is ten years old and pretty beat up! :)
--
Lee

shabba34

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 02:27:23 pm »
Huh.  Where, exactly, because we stay at one in Avon, also. in September when the rates drop.  :) . Ocean front, pretty close to the Food Lion.

Our house is on Angelfish. (Between the food lion and the dairy queen)   It's called Waking Dream.  It's also ocean front.  And sorry to highjack this thread a little bit.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 02:30:26 pm by pkud »

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
;DRe: help
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 02:54:22 pm »
Only one thing I know about Avon NC...THE MAD CRAPPER! ;D ;D ;D

shabba34

Re:  ;DRe: help
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2005, 02:55:07 pm »
Only one thing I know about Avon NC...THE MAD CRAPPER! ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D, What about the Blue Parrot and The Froggy Dog.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 02:57:13 pm by pkud »

leesweet

• '05 SD Maxxus
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 04:26:35 pm »
Boy, everyone that's never been to Avon is going 'what *are* they talking about... ?!'  :)

But, for this topic,  I think one reason they insist on the contract and over-doing the chems is to minimize the sorts of problems in that story above.  It's one thing at home with a spa where you know about each and every person who's been in it.  But at a rental?  Hm... :)

If I were the original poster, I'd call the landlord or the management company and ask what the status of the spa was.  Was it functional, did he/they care if it was started?  Etc.
--
Lee

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2005, 04:26:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42