What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: new hot tub  (Read 4154 times)

newbe

new hot tub
« on: June 28, 2005, 02:32:42 pm »
My wife & I are thinking about getting a hot tub.
We are looking at entry level tubs for about $4000.
The Sundance Del Sol Hermosa we looked at is around $3600 including steps, cover, colored light and chemicals.
The only thing Hot Springs had in the price range was the solara rx which is round and doesn't fit as many people.
Are there any others you recommend or should we just go with the Hermosa.
We did wet test and it was roomy and well made as far as I could tell.  There were some nice Hot Springs tubs we tested but they were about $1000 more.

Hot Tub Forum

new hot tub
« on: June 28, 2005, 02:32:42 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: new hot tub
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 02:35:34 pm »
Check out the Marquis Spas Everyday line a the 415 might be a good fit for you.....

mjb

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 03:10:58 pm »

The maintenence free cabinet,
skimmer, digital electronics and pillows
makes this spa from Sundance a great
choice for your budget.
Your price is good.

Mark_Vee

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 03:14:47 pm »
You may also want to check out the Cove from Dimension One or the 104 from Coleman.

newbe

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 12:01:34 am »
Thanks for the advice.
The only problem with Marquis, Colman and Dimension are there are no dealers close by.
The closest is about an hour.

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 07:53:26 am »
Money was an issue for us when we first started looking and it prevented us from buying for quite awhile.  When we decided to take the plunge the money vs comfort battle begain.  This is the way we thought about it and I will use you dollar figures.  If the tub is going to last 10 years am I willing to pay the extra $100 a year for somthing I want or $360 a year for something I won't use or will have regrets over.  

By the way I am a customer not a salesmen and this is just opinion.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

joking103

• It's too cold!
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 08:22:09 am »
O.K. probably I should not go here  ???  If you want "new" w/ warranty and customer service check out all the tubs at all the dealers, I did.

If you find as I did the best tub for you is out of you $$ range as I did, try your local paper and make sure it has water in it and it's running (learned that here  ;D). Many people get them and can't keep them or are moving and don't want to move the 900lbs +. (you may not want to either).

I found my too much $$$$$ spa of my dreams a few miles from home slightly used.  I am finding the local dealer where the tub was originally purchased is very helpful and WHEN I win the lotto, I may purchase my next tub directly from them.  

Keep in mind that if you don't pay now, you may pay later.  repairs etc.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.  Money is easy to spend and sometimes very hard to come by.

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 08:56:59 am »
ok.... gotta ask..... ;)
are you by chance a sales rep, or are you involved in any way with the selling of, sundance spas??
you post sounds like ad copy, out of the latest brochure..... ;D ;D

The maintenence free cabinet,
skimmer, digital electronics and pillows
makes this spa from Sundance a great
choice for your budget.
Your price is good.

newbe

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 09:49:52 am »
Money was an issue for us when we first started looking and it prevented us from buying for quite awhile.  When we decided to take the plunge the money vs comfort battle begain.  This is the way we thought about it and I will use you dollar figures.  If the tub is going to last 10 years am I willing to pay the extra $100 a year for somthing I want or $360 a year for something I won't use or will have regrets over.  

By the way I am a customer not a salesmen and this is just opinion.

Ray

So far though, I didn't see anything that would make the hot tubs like the Hot springs we wet tested for $1000 more any better for us.
The Hermosa jets felt good and the seating was just as good.
Is there something else I am not seeing and feeling?
Good point though, thanks.

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 10:28:32 am »
If you are happy with it today you will be happy with it forever, if you are questioning it today you will question it forever.  Buy it and enjoy it.
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 10:32:43 am »
If you are happy with it today you will be happy with it forever, if you are questioning it today you will question it forever.  Buy it and enjoy it.

Did you get that off of a fourtune cookie?    :-/

I'm just saying, cause that didn't hold true for my first wife  ::)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 10:35:37 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Chris_H

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 10:33:35 am »
Of the two manufacturers you have mentioned (Hotspring and Sundance) and the price range you are looking to spend, I feel the Hermosa is the best spa under $4,000 from both of those manufacturers.  I also like that it can be run on a 110V.

For whatever reason, Hotspring does not offer a spa with the same size and features that the Hermosa offers at the same price level.  

You would be buying from a reputable manufacturer and it seems you have no problems with your dealer.  I wouldn’t worry too much about your purchase.  

newbe

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 04:20:08 pm »
Thanks for the input.
I am getting the Hermosa today.
I did notice that Lowes warehouse carries this tub under the swift river name.
I would rather have the dealer realationship though.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 04:20:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42