What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thermospas  (Read 7511 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Thermospas
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2005, 02:17:13 pm »
Just because there is no retail establishment, doesn't mean that their isn't a "middle-man" (like that's supposed to be a bad thing).  The sales guy is the middleman.

Anyone know if Thermospa sales people are employees or independent contractors?

There is a Cal Spa dealer nearby who was dropped by a dealer and no one would carry them (or so the story goes) so they opened their own store and they tout it as "Factory Direct". Maybe so but they have the same lease payments as everyone else. They have to pay their store manager,  sales people, delivery, service (assuming they actaully provide some  ::), etc. just like any dealer. So how is this any better than having an independent dealer who carries them as they are certainly looking to make a profit on the store just like an owner would. It's all semantics.

Thermospas is certainly is more of a "Factory Direct" situation but then you have no way to wet test. You have no local dealer to visit to ask questions. You have no one local to stop by and give you an orientation or trouble shoot a nuisance problem at start up and you have no one to provide local warranty service. And in their case, you don't save a dime as Thermospas is about the most overpriced spa on the market as they use the theory that if they tell you its a $14k spa that they'll sell for $11k you just might fall for it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2005, 02:17:13 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2005, 03:02:10 pm »
I suspect that their cost per spa for distribution is higher than an established retail spa dealer, who can generate revenue in other ways than just spa sales, like selling chems., service, parts, pool tables, whatever.

Unless you back up a truck to the loading dock of the factory, I don't believe it's "factory Direct".  And even then, it doen't automatically mean they're passing the savings along.
Brewman
Brewman

spaaz

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2005, 03:26:10 pm »
I also signed to get rid of the guy, came at 9 A.M., left at 12.
Was there any difficulty in cancelling the order? I am sending the cancellation notice by certified mail, anything else I should know?

SpaAZ

J._McD

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2005, 03:45:28 pm »
Independant contractors. They are found from the classified ads for, "direct home sales" "closers only need apply" "$70,000+ a year" "No overhead required" "we supply the leads" "Factory Direct Sales"

They come in, stay long, promise everthing, close the sale, then it is shippped and the consumer does the rest.

When you have a problem, they contact a local service out of the yellow pages, and good luck from there on.

If you do not buy their internet chemicals etc, be wary of what voids your warranty.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 03:46:30 pm by J._McD »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2005, 03:45:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42