What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help I need Help  (Read 3178 times)

Tom Tsagnos

Help I need Help
« on: September 15, 2000, 05:58:33 pm »
Good day all  

I have new to the sight and like what I am reading...

I have been in the market for about 1 year and cannot make up my mind.
I live in Chicago and need a good quality easy to use spa with good power. It seems that Catalina, Hot Springs, LA Spas and Coleman and the main lines offered here.

I was leaning toward Catalina until Spa Salesman said to try to get the warranty. I know that Hot Springs is probably the best but I am tall 6.2 and think that they may not be deep enough that is why I was leaning toward Catalina or even LA Spas.

Can anyone just give me one easy answer.... one all around decent spa?

My needs:
Easy to operate
Easy to maintain and cheap too
Good Quality - but not too too expensive
Must seat 5 - 6 poeple and have a lounger

ANy thoughts

Hot Tub Forum

Help I need Help
« on: September 15, 2000, 05:58:33 pm »

Ed

Re:Help I need Help
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2000, 12:45:07 pm »
Tom,
First (and everyone will tell you this) wet-test the spa.
Next, while deep is important, length and width is too.  A deep, narrow spa isn't any good if you're looking for a lounger.  Also keep in mind that too deep a spa will not be enjoyable for people shorter than 5'4" or so.  
And, there is no easy answer as to what is best.  You need to test drive a few models.  While I too am in the search mode, I have learned alot and have found that  going "cheap" could be quite expensive in the long run.  Chicago, like the northeast, has rough winters and good insulation (top and bottom) is important.  Accept the fact that buying and owning a spa is  fairly pricey to begin with.  Don't cut corners.

P.S.- I've narrowed my search to Sundance and D-1.

KL Enterprises

Re:Help I need Help
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2000, 09:37:11 am »
Tom,
This may not help much, but here goes....
There is no easy answer. The spa must fit you AND YOUR NEEDS!
Coleman is one of the quietest spas I sold through my stores. They are very comfortable. I believe they are "high end".
Hot Springs is an excellent spa. It also has a good warranty. Also, high-end.
Catalina has more "bells and whistles" than the rest.
Personally, my vote would be for LA. It has some of the bells and whistles you may have liked on Catalina. It is at least as comfortable as Coleman (maybe more!). Factory response from LA (I was a dealer of theirs) was always good. Overall I put them as good as virtually any spa made! I think LA will give you the best "value".
Email me and I'll send you my 4 page description of "value".
Remember, all the above is my opinion. I am familiar with all 4 spas.
Well, Good Luck!
Ken

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
Re: Help I need Help
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 12:51:11 am »
Thats a classic and I bet it would read differently today!
-SpaMan~

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 10:24:54 am »
I live in Chicago and need a good quality easy to use spa with good power....

Tom,
Be sure to check with salesdvl here on this board.  He is a dealer in the Chicago area and pops in here from time to time....and he's a great guy..... 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 10:27:43 am »
I never quite understood the point in digging up 4 or 5 year old posts like this...   :-/
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 10:46:52 am »
Easy to operate.....From what I've seen  "operating" the tubs are all pretty straight forward and after a few soaks you'll  get the feel for the spa's diverereters and pumps and keypad.   Don't get too hung up on "operating"

To maintain the tub, some have more filters than others, and depending on use and your faithfulness to keeping the water clean, once again  I don't think one brand is superior to others.  You might want to read up on ozinators, and see if that's an option you want.

07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 11:04:58 am »
Tom,

There are lots of good choices.  You mentioned depth and being 6'2. I am also 6'2. You also mentioned warranties.

I love my Dynasty and several models offer tubs with varying depth seats.  Do you have family or will have guests?  In my tub I move around and hit the different seats.  The seat with the neck jets is the deepest, and the lounger fits me just right.  

The warranty as explained by my dealer was 5 year, no fault, which has been good so far.  (cover and cover lifter were 1 year)

I was just in Chicago and I typed in a couple of zip codes that I remembered (Stayed in Addison, and was in Franklin Park)  Seems there are a couple of choices.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 11:06:24 am »
I never quite understood the point in digging up 4 or 5 year old posts like this...   :-/

And I fall for it every time!  I almost never check the post date.  Chas loves to do that to me.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

shabba34

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 11:06:34 am »
The original post is from 2000??? :o

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 11:15:43 am »
The original post is from 2000??? :o

WTF? Is someone just trying to create "chatter" on the site ?
07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 11:19:21 am »
Tom,

There are lots of good choices.  You mentioned depth and being 6'2. I am also 6'2.

Bill,
That post is so old, I bet Tom is probably about 6'0" by now.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 12:07:10 pm »
hey! look at the bright side. if tom bought a "less than stellar" tub over 5 years ago, he could be looking for a replacement  even as we type our responses... ;D ;D ;) ;).

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 12:19:58 pm »
hey! look at the bright side. if tom bought a "less than stellar" tub over 5 years ago, he could be looking for a replacement  even as we type our responses... ;D ;D ;) ;).

The clue to me should be the GUEST label. I think I changed it so guests couldn't post, you have to put up an email address to post.  It would have been interesting if the email was still valid to see how he did.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 12:19:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42