What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Sundance question  (Read 4011 times)

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
New Sundance question
« on: June 01, 2005, 09:43:00 pm »
We got our Optima delivered yesterday, set it in the spa room, looking gorgeous!  It will be a while longer before I get to the electrical and fill it up.

The unit came wrapped from the factory. It has one "sock" cover over the intake under the filter; there are three other intakes around the footrest. The dealer/delivery man said he would get three more socks for these intakes.

So my question is, why didn't the factory install socks on these intakes, or are they not needed?

Hot Tub Forum

New Sundance question
« on: June 01, 2005, 09:43:00 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: New Sundance question
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 07:39:29 am »
Not sure about the new models, I know they have somewhat different filtration, but on my 2003 optima, the socks on the intake came with the spa, and I'm sure the dealer didn't add them.
Brewman
Brewman

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 05:06:10 pm »
Johnvb my 2005 Sundance Majesta came the same way. Let me know if we are supposed to have the "sock" covers on the footwell intakes as well.

mjb

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 05:51:10 pm »
The "socks" are secondary intake covers originally installed at the factory.  It can happen that they slip off during transit.  Their primary function is to prevent small particles such as sand and grit from being pulled into the plumbing.  If your installation site does not have such debris that will enter the spa from bather's feet, feel free to remove them. Your dealer should have more available if you need them.

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 05:54:16 pm »
Thanks, I guess they will not be needed in our spa as there is no real sand-like material that would get on us. Thanks!

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 08:15:55 pm »
Thanks, since our unit is inside, we may not need them either. I have read some complaints that they get knocked off way too easily during use.

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 09:53:30 pm »
The new Sundance spas have different filtration set ups now.  It might be that the delivery guy has not been updated and thinks it's supposd to have them all covered like the older models.  Then again, they might have forgotten, but I doubt it.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 07:45:04 am »
What does the owners manual say about them for the 2005 models?  For our 2003, it mentions that they are necessary, and I believe that to be true, since the water taken from those intakes isn't filtered.  But I have no idea if that's different for the 2005.  
Usually stuff like that isn't put on for no reason.
Brewman
Brewman

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 10:49:49 am »
If all else fails, read the manual!  ;D

Hadn't got that far yet, but yes, they state the "footwell suction covers" have sock filters that should be in place and serviced every two months.

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 06:37:58 pm »
I spoke to my service guy and he said with the new filtraton system (Micron II), there is no need for the sock filters on the footwell suction filters. According to my guy, Sundance did away with them for spas using this new filtration system.

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 09:58:36 pm »
Sundance must of determined that after they had the manuals printed.

It makes sense, since I helped unwrap the spa, there were no loose socks laying around.

My dealer has to come back next week to mount my cover lifter, so I'll get their take on it.

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005, 10:12:29 pm »
Johnvb that makes sense to me too. I doubt you and I both had the sock filters fall off prior to delivery. My guy is pretty thorough so I would guess he is correct. Let me know what your guy tells you.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005, 10:12:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42