What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Probably getting a Bullfrog spa  (Read 8297 times)

Gaia

• Bubbles! Bubbles! My bubbles!!!!
Probably getting a Bullfrog spa
« on: May 11, 2005, 10:33:01 am »
After looking a various spas and dealers in central Illinois, I was most impressed with the Bullfrog dealer. They had all the sizes on hand (instead of going through a book like another dealer), have most of the jetpacks to wet test (which I will be doing Saturday, YEAH! They suggested I come after hours.) The salesperson advised me to go online to see different options, colors, etc. He also talked me OUT of buying additional items ( drain hose, more powerful ozonator (the size of the spa I'm looking at doesn't need it), etc.) that I had added to my "build your spa" on the bullfrogspas website.  Once I "built" my spa (15 jetpacks to choose from) and added details (steps, Cover, etc) it was send directly to the nearest dealer, who was Mark, the store that I had already been to. They do not give a total price on-line, but do list the various costs of the jetpacks.  The dealer called me the next day with a price.  The store's (Bloomington, IL) base price includes cover, ozonator, and delivery/placement. They do not do electrical.  (They have  prices SHOWN in the store for the floor models!) This base price was lower than all other 3 person spas in the area.

I'm looking at model #331 because I will use it inside with only one other person.  ;)
Let me know what you think before I buy. I will update after the wet test (and my vacation next week  :D

Hot Tub Forum

Probably getting a Bullfrog spa
« on: May 11, 2005, 10:33:01 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Probably getting a Bullfrog spa
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 11:11:46 am »
Good luck!  Do report back after the wet test and let us know how it goes.  There are very few Bullfrog owners online and many of us are anxious to hear from people like you.

I, and many of us here haven't actually seen one of these spas in person, but the company seems straight forward, honest and in line with others as far as price.  I think its safe to say your not buying junk from theives. (I hope that's helpful  ;) )

Being happy with the dealer counts a lot for me.

This what your looking at?

There has been several discussions recently about 2-3 person spas and I didn't even know they offered one. I'm sure others will look forward to hearing your opinion.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 11:15:39 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Gaia

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 11:29:04 am »
That's exactly the model I'm looking at - including the pearl finish.  The only thing I wished this spa had was a jet at the end of the lounger for feet. They only have  built in knee and calf jets in the lounger.  A positive thing for me was that all models have the same lounger- the bigger models just have more jetpacks (which I don't need, and I pick out the pattern/jets on the three spaces I have myself anyway.  :P

Gaia

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 11:44:46 am »
PS.  WMCCALL - Thanks for your comments. I also checked our your web site and your hot tub is gorgeous! How good are the carpultunnel jets on the lounger?

Jay_M

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 02:28:43 pm »
I really like the looks of that spa also.

My only concerns are reports of stagnant water behind the jetpack, and complaints of a lack of seat height variation.

But if it fit you, then that only leaves the other issue.  And that may have been solved in newer models.

I really like the shiatsu massage option, and the handheld jet option.

I also like the Hot Springs jetsetter.

~Jay

Gaia

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 03:16:39 pm »
Hey Jay,

It looks like we are looking for the same type of tub!  ;D

I read in another forum about the circulation problem behind the jetpacks. I asked Mark about that and he verified that there is a circulation hose on the packs. He offered to show me how it circulates behind the jetpacks at my wet test, and stated that the water is completely circulated. ( I guess on the first jetpacks there were some problems.)

On the #331 model, the seats are all the same height.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 03:17:54 pm by Gaia »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 03:40:49 pm »
PS.  WMCCALL - Thanks for your comments. I also checked our your web site and your hot tub is gorgeous! How good are the carpultunnel jets on the lounger?

They are 50%  ;D  In my 2003 model they did a really dumb design that is fixed in later models. In my tub, the jet for the left wrist is about 2" lower in the water than the one for the right wrist.  That makes using both at the same time a little ackward. If you look at the big overhead picture at the bottom of the page, you can probably get a sense of that.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 03:42:35 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 11:03:27 am »
I also am looking at either the Jetsetter by Hot Springs .... the 331 by Bullfrog Spas or the Dupree Bay by artic I think..I've seen so many I can't keep track of which dealer has which or maybe the Santa Cruz by D-1. Let me know if you buy the 331 I would be very interested in what you think of it!

mowgli1

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 11:43:27 am »
I also am looking at either the Jetsetter by Hot Springs .... the 331 by Bullfrog Spas or the Dupree Bay by artic I think..I've seen so many I can't keep track of which dealer has which or maybe the Santa Cruz by D-1. Let me know if you buy the 331 I would be very interested in what you think of it!

The Dupree Bay is from D1. It's a great spa, but very expensive, especially for a two seater. At the dealer I shopped it was 12k.

Backpains

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 11:52:27 am »
Yikes!!! ok..I'm not sure I want that one then..I'm not willing to go that high for a 2-3 person tub. I want a hottub that will be good for my back but still hold it's value if I want to trade it later on for something bigger, I want alot for my money lol doesn't everyone?!

mowgli1

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 11:59:48 am »
Yikes!!! ok..I'm not sure I want that one then..I'm not willing to go that high for a 2-3 person tub. I want a hottub that will be good for my back but still hold it's value if I want to trade it later on for something bigger, I want alot for my money lol doesn't everyone?!

It will be very hard to get your money back on a trade-in, regardless of the brand you choose. IMHO you would be better off buying the spa that will satisfy your needs for the long term.

Backpains

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 12:13:50 pm »
I agree with that I want a theraputic benefits from my hottubso, tht is basically what I'm looking for, I have had several back operations and need a hottub that will make it feel better

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 12:13:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42