What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: beautiful water - towels!!  (Read 3689 times)

moviebuff2

beautiful water - towels!!
« on: May 02, 2005, 03:19:35 pm »
I'm writing about two entirely different subjects.

The first is a question: what difference, if any, does the color of the shell have to do with the color of the water?  A D1 salesman told me that one of the benefits of their white shell is that the spa can be any color you want at night because of the different colored lights that are available.  But won't water always reflect the color of the light - blue, green, whatever - regardless of the color of the shell - is white somehow special?  The salesman's claim seemed questionable to me (plus, of course, I got the D1 talk about thelifetime warranty on their white, plastic shells which I am now well informed of thanks to this forum).

The second item for today has to do with towels.  I occassionally see salemen on this forum ask about customers' preferences and such, so I'd like to chime in and say this: please make sure that your store has towels for your customers.  The first wet tests I did were at HS and Sundance --- both had very nice changing rooms and towels.  Bliss!  But last Friday I went to a D1 dealer who not only did not provide towels but also had a very, very run down (boarderline gross) bathroom.  So there I was with childcare lined up (yeah, no kids!), swimsuit in hand and NO wet test - grrrr.  Despite this, I will go back because I really want to test D1.

Nancy

Hot Tub Forum

beautiful water - towels!!
« on: May 02, 2005, 03:19:35 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: beautiful water - towels!!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 04:02:15 pm »
It is true that the lighter the shell color the better the light will illuminate in ths spa at night. This is one reason people love the pearl-like colors and other lighter colors that are previlent. Check out a wet spa at night or in a mood room and you'll see how well they light up with the lighter shells. They can also tend to show water spots and coloration at the water line more.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 08:25:29 am »
When I was wet testing, I found no dealer that supplied towels....I never even considered that they would supply one.  I think it is unusual for dealers to provide towels.  Dealers.......how many of you supply towels to customers for wet tests?  ???
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

mowgli1

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 08:42:29 am »
The Sundance dealer we went to not only supplied towels but really nice terry cloth robes. My wife was really impressed. We certainly didn't expect it but it was a nice touch.

shabba34

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 11:21:21 am »
When I was wet testing, I found no dealer that supplied towels....I never even considered that they would supply one.  I think it is unusual for dealers to provide towels.  Dealers.......how many of you supply towels to customers for wet tests?  ???

We supply nice clean towels, bathing suits for the spontaneous wet-tester, clean bathrooms(important)  refreshments(very important) etc...  And me, (most important) ;D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 01:55:56 pm by pkud »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 11:27:01 am »
I never considered a dealer having towels, but if you are one of those companies that sell them as an accessory with the spa brand name then it might act as a sales incentive.  

It may not be economically feasible, but if you could buy in bulk and give them away with a spa purchase maybe it would help future sales?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 01:26:41 pm »
None of the dealers I tested at offered me a towel, but of course, I took my own!  Only one dealer offered me some water, which was a nice touch!  
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

dakris

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 10:31:34 am »
I generally don't reply to the forums but do alot of reading.  Have learned alot, and it's been a great help.  I have a D1 with the white shell.  Yes, I also got the speech about the the lifetime warrenty and the any color you want it to be.  I didn't figure out the rest of the detail until after I purchased the tub and then I found this forum.  I think it does turn the color of the light, but I haven't figured out how to keep the color for rotating.  I need to do more reading.  

As for the towels, I wet tested in several places most of them had towels with their logos on that they let you use, some have robes as well and great bathrooms that even had showers.  

Not comes where I purchased my tub...  Saying the bathroom was well less than clean would be the kindest of all compliments.  Spilled chemicals on the floor, mold on the tile, rust stained sink, you get the picture.  As for the towels, we brought our own, to all testing just in case.  At the dealer we purchased from, they offered towels, but I couldn't tell the dirty ones from the clean ones.  Seems they allow smoking in there showroom so everything smelled like smoke.  As a customer I would request that if you allow customers to wet test, and they don't smoke, don't stand there and take to them while they are in the tub with a cigarette lit.  I didn't like smelling like smoke when I got out of the tub.  

It should have been my first clue, but I was to excited to take a good look around.  

As for loyalty, if you order your spa and they say it will be delivered in about three weeks, at six weeks I make the phone call about where it is.  The response is that the factory is behind.  At ten weeks the response is the order is lost and they thought they had it in stock all along.  It arrived at the end of the 12th week.  

Three weeks ago I called in for a service call.  They said they were aliitle backed up so it would be a couple of days. ..

Sorry for the rambling but it felt good...

If you  want more details just let me know.

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 10:47:15 am »
Seems they allow smoking in there showroom so everything smelled like smoke.  As a customer I would request that if you allow customers to wet test, and they don't smoke, don't stand there and take to them while they are in the tub with a cigarette lit.  I didn't like smelling like smoke when I got out of the tub.

It is completely illegal to smoke in any public building here in Winnipeg - including all bars and restaurants.

It seems odd to hear of other places that still allow it. As for your experience with the smell, I can appreciate what you are saying. It is interesting that the dealer wouldn't/doesn't realize the negative effect this has on potential customers.

Jc

How do you know how much you don't know?

Cgar

• Havanas and hot tubs... a match made in heaven.
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 04:36:01 pm »
In our showroom we have his and hers changing rooms.  We also supply towels and robes for wet testers along with bottled water, as a lot of water is lost (perspiration)while soaking in hot water.  Why not make the experience as pleasant as possible, right?   :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 04:40:14 pm by Cgar »

Forum Admin

• YaBB Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 05:40:49 pm »

It is completely illegal to smoke in any public building here in Winnipeg - including all bars and restaurants.

It seems odd to hear of other places that still allow it. As for your experience with the smell, I can appreciate what you are saying. It is interesting that the dealer wouldn't/doesn't realize the negative effect this has on potential customers.

Jc

We remain smoke free here in Columbus after yesterday's vote.  Next the state.  Ironically to Cgar's comments, I would consider that a big plus if I was a buyer, but wouldn't hold it against a store that didn't.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2005, 06:06:29 pm »
In our showroom we have his and hers changing rooms.  We also supply towels and robes for wet testers along with bottled water, as a lot of water is lost (perspiration)while soaking in hot water.  Why not make the experience as pleasant as possible, right?   :)

Seems like a good investment to me.  Why wouldn't you go the extra mile for this?  Kinda like sealing the deal.
Brewman
Brewman

surfmore

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2005, 09:52:43 pm »
The few places we went to had towels but we brought our own. Kind of like to have my own towel anyway. Where we got our spa they had bottled water  for us but also if you are going to spend 6-10 thousand dollars it is kind of nice for them to offer water. I never thought of it but it was real nice to be asked if I wanted any water. Sometimes it is the little things like that, that people remember and who knows a bottle of water might make someone like one place more than another if you have  a few dealerships close by selling the same brand spa. As far as bathrooms I don't know just wrapped the towel around me dropped my shorts put my suit on but thats easy for men. As far as the kids use the towel for a screen and changed right there but then again they are boys too. Good luck out there and a wet test is a must!!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2005, 09:52:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42