What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is this a good price for a Sundance Altamar?  (Read 4733 times)

moviebuff2

Is this a good price for a Sundance Altamar?
« on: April 22, 2005, 01:50:03 am »
Hi all -

I've been quoted $7,995 for a Sundance Altamar. This includes steps, cover, lifter, drink tray, ozone, and delivery. Is this a good price? The dealer is excellent.

Your comments will be appreciated.

I can't wait to finally have a tub in my back yard!

Hot Tub Forum

Is this a good price for a Sundance Altamar?
« on: April 22, 2005, 01:50:03 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Is this a good price for a Sundance Altamar?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 08:09:10 am »
Sounds pretty good to me.  
Give it a test drive if you haven't already.
Brewman
Brewman

moviebuff2

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 10:16:32 am »
Thanks - yes, I've already tested it and it was a huge relief to finally fall in love with a tub!  Every other tub I'd been in didn't fit me, or I floated out, or the jets were uncomfortable (in fact, one thing I haven't seen mentioned on this board is a problem with jets that tickle!!  I am extremely ticklish and having jets hit the sides/ribs is very uncomfortable to me... the Altamar is built for smaller peopele - I'm 5'6"... a perfect fit!).

I will be very interested to hear what others paid - or were quoted - for their Altamars.

Nancy

usuallytrue

• Sundance owner
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 08:12:18 pm »
Hi There - I've had my Altamar for about a year now & I LOVE it! ;D  

The price you were quoted is very fair.  I am 5'6" as well & fit in the lounger perfect. (I know some don't like them - but it's the first seat I go to)I also found the jets a bit ticklish at first, but once you've been using the tub on a regular basis you will no longer feel that sensation.  All you feel will be AHHHHHHHHHHHH.

My dealer here in Northern CA is also excellent and I have had no problems (knock on wood ;)) during my first year of ownership.  I think you would be very pleased if you got one!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 08:13:25 pm by usuallytrue »

moviebuff2

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 09:51:56 pm »
Thanks for the words of encouragement  --- who did you buy from in Northern Calif?

Nancy

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 11:12:56 am »
As a Sundance dealer, I would say you got a fair deal on a GREAT spa. The Altamar is a fabulous model in the line of Sundance Spas. I currently own a 2004 Optima, use it twice daily without fail. good luck with yours...

hottubber... ;D

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005, 06:34:30 pm »
Others have paid as low as $6,500 for ther Altimar. I guess the guys on here saying that $8K ius good MUST be Sundance salespeople... I don't sell spas. Just an owner
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

moviebuff2

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005, 07:12:12 pm »
Thanks - I am very interested in what fellow consumers have to say.  This is by far the largest thing I've ever shopped for w/out the benefit of Consumers Reports!  I am enjoying this forum and have been reading up on older threads --- I especially like the very long thread about price vs. service.  

I am probably not the type of customer some dealers will like to see -- I want their very best price (something less then "fair", which doesn't sound like a deal to me!) and good service and I will research this thing to death.  When I bought a new car a few years ago I found that the Toyota dealer with the best price WAS the one with best service... they do the most sales because of their extremely competitive pricing and then they offer the best service so customers stay loyal.  I want my spa purchase to go as well as my car purchase did.  Too much to ask?

So, if there are others with Altamar experience, I would love to hear it.  

Nancy

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005, 07:12:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42