What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Oasis II  (Read 5857 times)

bomon17

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Oasis II
« on: April 23, 2005, 10:18:56 am »
Well, my first post on this forum as my wife and I are looking at spas. As we are both teachers, we are unable to afford a whole lot of spa, so we have been looking at the oasis II as our best option. Anyone have any opinion on this spa? I know it is made by watkins (and we did look at hot spring and tiger river) and we found this model at our caldera dealer. We just want something that is solidly made, and will help our aching backs from teaching! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

Oasis II
« on: April 23, 2005, 10:18:56 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Oasis II
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 01:38:26 pm »
 That is a very good, basic tub. It has an odd organic material for siding, though. I think they call it
"wood"
or something like that.  

But it is an acrylic shell backed with fiberglass, fully insulated except for the motor area, dependable Gecko controls, stainless steel heater,  two-speed pump, 12volt light, pressure-treated lumber base with a heavy plastic sheet to seal it off, and a top-load filter.

It will do everything you need a hot tub to do, without a lot of bells and no whistles.

What do you teach?
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

shabba34

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 01:53:54 pm »
I don't carry the Hot Spring "Hot Spot" models / Caldera "Paradise Series" Models, however when Watkins first introduced the original Oasis model, we ordered one.  I believe 2001.  We sold the spa shortly there after.  The spa has never needed service and to my knowledge still running perfectly today.  Very simple spa, but hey, hot water and jets, it all feels good.  Good luck!   ;)

bomon17

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2005, 05:27:07 pm »
I teach 9th/10th graders (science: physical science and biology) while my wife teaches 8th grade comp/lit. It sounds to me like a solid tub from you folks. I wish I could afford the bells and whistles on higher end caldera and hot springs tubs, but as long as it is solid I am pleased. We paid 4400 and it included electrical wiring, ozonator, cover lifter, step, 6 months chemicals, and steps. I liked our sales guy because he did not "bad mouth" the competition and his company is the largest pool repair company in the area. They used to carry hot spring but now carry caldera, a few vitas, and the oasis I and II. He said that caldera, hot spring, tiger river, and the oasis line all are manufactured by watkins, and that all were very solid spas. They rarely had any repair calls on any of the watkins made lines. The worst was cal spa, and baja (?) according to him. I also asked him about the home depot spas and he stated that they were an excellent buy for the money (made by whirlpool) but that repair parts were virtually non-existant. He seemed very well informed, and did not try to push us into more spa then we really needed.
I just wish oasis had more of a web site for their model line.  Thanks for the input!  Anyone else? ;D

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 06:34:59 pm »
Congratulations!  I'm sure you will get a great deal of enjoyment from the tub!  You sure deserve it for teaching the future leaders of our country!

May you always have clean, hot, bubbly water!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 06:34:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42