What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tub Area and lighting  (Read 3342 times)

nicker

Tub Area and lighting
« on: April 21, 2005, 08:47:13 am »
I was just wondering what all of you have done to dress up your tub area and what type of lighting you using.

We got out tub in at the end of the summer last year so we really didn't have much time to dress up the area.  So this year I wanted to add some lighting.  I would prefer solar lighting if possible.  That way I have no wires to run plus for eco friendly.   We just purchased one of the large 10' umbrellas that over hang and I think that will be nice when the sun is over head.

What have you all done and if possible include pictures.

thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Tub Area and lighting
« on: April 21, 2005, 08:47:13 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Tub Area and lighting
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 09:36:44 am »
We've also done nothing, but have talked about rope lighting.  The solar lites are an interesting idea, too.
Our spa is under our deck, so we'd string rope lites on the deck structure, not on the spa itself.  
Brewman
Brewman

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 09:41:23 am »
Last spring we put up a new deck and hot tub. We built the hot tub into a multi layer deck. We used Malibu Low Voltage Lighting on the deck railing post and also in between the stairs. It's so easy to do that anyone can do it. We also used solar lighting in area's that I just did not wish to run wire because I was just looking for less work.

We have an amber color to our solar lighting. It throw's off more of an accent lighting. I would not use it in a safety situation. Good Luck and remember it's easy.

However the Malibu lighting you can puchase different watt light bulb's.  If you choose Malibu just add up the watt's per light bulb and that total will tell you what size of transformer to purchase.

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 11:19:36 am »
just put our tub in a month ago. added onto the deck and was going to build a gazebo/ pergola type thing, but i really like the open sky at night, so i bought a 10' overhanging umbrella like the first poster here. works well. here in SE VA we are approaching bug season. i for any one interested, i found a freestanding gazebo at home depot that even has mosquito netting with it for $200. its 10'x10' and 9' high, and i think was designed to go over an outdoor table. am going to pick one up today as a matter of fact. will post some pics in a couple of days.....if you want to look at the catalog shot, go to homedepot.com, search for gazebo (only 2 of them,1 is $189, and 1 is $199) and check it out (the $199 model).
i figure worst case, if i dont like it over the tub, i will put it over my table on the deck....

dalop

• If its not the Boat Its the Tub!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 11:20:22 am »
I put up a string of shells that light up on the fence near the tub and i have a palm tree with lights on it too. Of course you don't want them too close to the tub. It gives off just the right amout of lighting for us. :D

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 12:08:07 pm »
When the kids are in the tub they use Tiki lights but when my wife are in we use "no lights at all" , mainly because we use "no suits at all"

Drifter

• Master Spa LS850 Owner!
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 11:41:36 pm »
Kichler low voltage lights are the way to go. I attached some to the deck posts and at the tops and bottoms of the stairs. I also used their "kick plate" lights for the risers on the deck. (Different levels) They also make a really cool light that I mounted under the benches around the tub that shine down on the ground! Not inexpensive but they certainly make a statement!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 11:41:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42