What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: artesian spas  (Read 6095 times)

SNOOZER

artesian spas
« on: March 24, 2005, 06:20:25 pm »
i am thinking of purchasing a new spa.  there is an artesian dealer locally.  i have looked at them and they seem to be well made with large jets.  what is some feedback on the artesian brand.  also your thoughts comparing them to hot spring, another company locally.

Hot Tub Forum

artesian spas
« on: March 24, 2005, 06:20:25 pm »

Jean

Re: artesian spas
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 07:45:56 pm »
My wife and I just bought a Grand Bahama Island series by Artesian . We wet tested a 740 Beachcomber but after wet testing the Artesian, we knew that  the Grand Bahama was the one that would be on our patio.
The delivery is set for the middle of April and we are counting the days. We added a circulation pump that will lower the energy cost.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 10:02:08 pm »
When we were wet testing, we tried the Artesian twice - great tub!  We really, really liked it - the price was just a bit higher than we wanted to spend, and the tub itself was bigger than we were thinking would fit well on our patio.

There are a few folks here that have them, and I think there is another site (forgive me for not knowing the link) that has some more owners...

Good Luck!

Jodi
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

hair

• artesian gives lust, jealousy gives regret
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 08:59:42 am »
we bought an artesian dove canyon after wet testing several brands.  wet test and see for yourself.  artesian has varying price points ranging from the island series up to gold series, to the platinum series.  very nice quality tubs!

Winnsome

• I love Hot Tubbbing and Boating.
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 10:01:44 am »
We have the Artesian Grand Bahama.  Bought it last year and just love it.  No problems and the dealer is great.  The key is the wet test and the dealer.  You'll forget the price you pay if it is the spa that you loved, along with the dealer, after the wet test.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 10:58:07 am »
It seems that the Artesian Island Series spas have alot of features with a great price. It sounds like that is their "bread and butter" line It is nice to know that with this line of spas you can compete with many of the high end brands on the market with a comparable product at a lower price.
The Grand Bahama is a very nice, large spa. Good luck to those of you who own one. My favorite is still the Piper Glen in the Platinum Series.

hottubber... ;D

BadBack

• In a state of Euphoria!
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2005, 09:28:44 pm »
I wet tested the Piper Glen about a month ago and thought it was a pretty nice tub.  It has a lot more flash than other tubs and is a quality build.  The ability to control each seat is a great idea, but I did not like the use of air to control the jet pressure.  I felt the air gave the jets a burning sensation.  The Marquis and Hot Spring spas have jets that offer a more soothing massage.  I thought the foot dome jets were rather weak for all that power.  The spa is deep and big, a great spa for social gatherings, but for deep therapy it was not at the top of  my list.  I know this may sound crazy, but Marquis, Hot Spring and D1 all had very neat and well layed out equipment compartments, the Artesian was not as organized.  I felt the other spas offered the same amount of power with less pumps, less headaches.  For the price I think they are good value.

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2005, 10:22:09 pm »
Bad,

Just got back from wet testing a 2005 Artesian Platinum class Dove Canyon.....Our wet test was the 180 degree opposite from your experience.

Just goes to show you gotta wet test and see what is right for you!  One spa may be great for someone but not others.

Best wishes and will post my review here shortly!

:)

hair

• artesian gives lust, jealousy gives regret
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2005, 07:40:02 am »
exactly guttboy, wettest and wettest,
badback, what do you mean by the unorganized equip. compartements? i thought this tub was by far the easiest to operate plus you don't get stuck in a corner without any jets on. the piper was a very sharp tub, the controls were right next to the seat so you could adjust the pressure. what's not to like?

BadBack

• In a state of Euphoria!
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2005, 07:53:54 am »
Dont get me wrong I thought the spa was nice, it just was not ideal for the therapy I needed.  As for the equipment compartment, I just thought it could have been a little neater.  The Marquis I purchased has everything neatly layed out, and a nice plastic back drop, no foam visable.  The Piper was my 1B choice, the fact of no local dealer just killed it for me.  I agree with you the individual controls are great, and I have said that before. You know how this buying decision goes, very over analized.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2005, 07:53:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42