What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Artesian Piper Glenn price ballpark?  (Read 5058 times)

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
Artesian Piper Glenn price ballpark?
« on: March 23, 2005, 06:25:18 pm »
Hi all....

I realize prices are all subjected to different dealers and such but I have stumbled upon the Artesian Piper Glenn tub.....Looks pretty nice.

However the closest place is about 100 miles away from us.  What is a realistic ballpark price for a 2005 Artesian Piper Glenn?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Artesian Piper Glenn price ballpark?
« on: March 23, 2005, 06:25:18 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Artesian Piper Glenn price ballpark?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 07:16:34 pm »
Here in NJ my dealer was selling the 2004 Piper Glen for about $8900. That was a "standard" model, add things like 2005 price increase ($400 - $600), plastic skirting ($350), cover lifter, steps, and other options and your approching $10,500. This price doesn't include the optional ozone system or stereo which will probably get you to close to $12K.

If you can afford it  - it really looks like a NICE tub! I couldn't but bought it's 2nd cousin twice removed - the Island Grand Cayman!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 07:17:23 pm by Vinny »

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 07:30:30 pm »
Hi Vinny, how are you doing!!!!1

I bought an artesian Piper Glen after looking at a lot of tubs. We bought it in NH at Crocker Sales, our out the door price was 10,875.00 without stereo. Tub is sitting at dealers wating for me to finish deck, if weather would clear.

john

Guttboy

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 07:59:27 pm »
Thanks for the info....what did the Cayman cost....it looks similar in styling to the Piper....

Regards,

:)

BadBack

• In a state of Euphoria!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 08:03:04 pm »
I looked at the Piper about a month ago.  I was quoted a price of $8600 and that included ozone, cover, steps, start up chemicals and delivery.  The lifter was an additional $150.  The dealer was located in New Jersey about 65 miles and two tunnels away, that was one of the reasons I did not purchase the spa.  I felt he was I a good guy, but we know how hectic business is.  I just did not think he would service the spa if there was a problem.  So i went with a spa with a local dealer, felt more comfortable with that.

As for the spas performance, the spa is big, but I did not think it performed like you think it should have with all those pumps.  I thought the jets in the footdome were relatively weak, and I did not like all the air that was necessary to make the jet pressure increase.  I did feel a burning sensation.  I thought the therapy was better in the Marquis and  Hot Springs models.  I think the Artesian is a better party tub if that is what you are looking for.  Overall I think it is a lot of tub for the money.

Guttboy

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 08:06:47 pm »
Thanks for the insight!  We have found that we want foot therapy in all seats!  We dont have to have tons of pressure as we hate having the skin blown off of us so max pressure is not our thing...it has to feel good.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 08:15:42 pm »
Thanks for the insight!  We have found that we want foot therapy in all seats!  We dont have to have tons of pressure as we hate having the skin blown off of us so max pressure is not our thing...it has to feel good.

There are 2 schools of thought on this....the foot dome offers more seats the ability to get a piece of the dome but will not be anything like a dedicated area strictly for the feet that is only for one user at a time it is a trade off...but I think if you tried both you would see that the two as far as a massage goes do not compare ...I am by the way speaking of those with high flow jets that offer a deeper massage than the smaller high pressure jets

hair

• artesian gives lust, jealousy gives regret
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 08:19:29 pm »
you should wet test the piper glenn, or dove canyon if you can.  i bought the dove canyon, awsome tub, as for price i know a guy bout 25 miles away that wants 14k for the piper glenn.  it depends where you live, and how many spa dealers are around.

Winnsome

• I love Hot Tubbbing and Boating.
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 08:27:17 pm »
Out here in Utah, our dealer wants $8500.  That includes the skirting, steps, cover, cover lifter, ozone, (didn't ask which one) SS Esc, microban shell, delivery.  The options were the waterfall for $145, stereo for $750.\  + sales tax.
We liked the Grand Bahama with the lounger, same as Vinny's except with the lounger.  The foot jets, even on the Island GB is fantastic.  We run all the jets on all of the spa, without the air diverters on, and just love it.  Ours is the 58 jet model.

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 01:05:06 am »
Just for perspective,  paid $7,800 in 1999 for "everything" including wireless remote. No stereo back then.

FYI, check required amp load to tub for "all" pumps AND heater to be working at the same time.

Also, foot dome works best when you stretch both feet on each side...

Drewski

8)  
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 07:01:27 am »
FYI, check required amp load to tub for "all" pumps AND heater to be working at the same time.

8)  

All of the Artesian models that are 240 Volt are 50 Amps. The controller shut off the heater when all the pumps (I think Wetone said when the 4th pump kicks in).

I paid $6750 for the Cayman and it is set up similar to the Piper Glen but I'm sure it's a different feel. The jets are smaller and it has 3 pumps in it along with the circ pump. The one thing that is different is that it uses a 3 HP pump to drive the foot jets, whirlpool or blaster jet or I guess a combination of all three.  At my price range - it really couldn't be beat!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 07:01:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42